AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/)
-   -   2019 Allroad Delays? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/2019-allroad-delays-2964099/)

dgrunat 12-16-2018 11:00 AM

2019 Allroad Delays?

I ordered my 2019 Allroad several months ago. Dealer stated that it was slated to arrive at the port last week. Called to check on it today and they indicated it actually hadn’t shipped and there was no timing on when it would arrive. Has anybody heard anything about their 2019 allroad orders?

Allroading17 12-16-2018 02:49 PM

I know of 2 allroad orders. One for myself and a friend. Currently there is a hold on all allroad production and delivery's and any type of movement. They haven't gave a reason why but they said the cars should be delivered by the end of Q1 at the latest. (I'm hoping sooner!!!!)

dgrunat 12-16-2018 07:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. The dealer said he would reach out and try to give more information tomorrow. I will also try to call AoA tomorrow to see if I can find anything else. Ill update if I learn something.

dgrunat 12-17-2018 06:21 AM

AoA indicated that there documents indicated that the cars were still slated for December delivery. She was going to reach out to my dealer to find more information about the specific build then reach out to distribution. She said she would have more information before the end of the week.

SCarGuy 12-17-2018 10:44 AM

Late January/early Feb for the earliest ordered cars

Obsidian3K 12-17-2018 01:04 PM

I put down a deposit at my local dealer to hold an allocation spot in June, pending the ability to actually order a 2019 Allroad. By late August with no sign of a (Canadian) finalized order guide, I had the dealer refund my deposit and instead sprung for a new set of tires for our existing second car, which I'd hoped to be rid of this year.

The sales manager didn't give me any trouble about the refund, but it's just as well that I didn't trust his "pretty sure feeling" that 2019s would be rolling in by early December at the latest. I figured that if Audi couldn't (for whatever reason) get even an order guide out the door less than four months behind schedule, actual vehicle deliveries weren't likely to be any more timely. Looks like I guessed right; at this rate the model year will be more than half over before cars arrive in any quantity!

Allroading17 12-17-2018 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Late January/early Feb for the earliest ordered cars

Does that include cars that have had production slots and build weeks that never actually occurred?

My car was scheduled to be built October 23rd and time had passed and shi* hasn't happened
:(

Upsetting to say the least

SCarGuy 12-17-2018 02:44 PM

you would have to ask your particular dealer about that specific COMM #

You are also getting an exclusive color, which only just went live about 5 days ago as far as schedule setting, because of the new facilities.

A scheduled build date is always quoted as an ETA, not a date that is etched in stone, particularly on anything exclusive

Allroading17 12-17-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
you would have to ask your particular dealer about that specific COMM #

You are also getting an exclusive color, which only just went live about 5 days ago as far as schedule setting, because of the new facilities.

A scheduled build date is always quoted as an ETA, not a date that is etched in stone, particularly on anything exclusive

I've been speaking to a co worker of mine at AoA and he's basically echoed what you've said. But some special stuff was echoed by Audi sport and distribution to get the car built before the exclusive paint shutdown- so it's upsetting haha

SCarGuy 12-17-2018 02:52 PM

exclusive paint was shut down for the new facility long before 2019 production started

I had a car that involved a pre-trade (long story!), and exclusive paint for a TT. Got allocation by the regional rep specifically for this build. Submitted, and subsequently cancelled 2 months later. I was just given permission to re-build the car Friday.

It stinks when this stuff happens, but communication is key, and I have learned not to rely on what one person tells me before I relay it to my client...because ultimately, I am the one keeping in touch with that client, no one else. Thankfully, my client is still proceeding.