A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2019 Allroad Delays?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Pm sent
Old 02-14-2019, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer indicated that they received a letter from AoA today indicating that all Allroad orders will be "Significantly Delayed" and did not provide any further information. For those of us who are waiting, that is obvious. She believes that it is due to the small number of Allroads ordered. She indicated that it appears there are 11 total.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

11 total? Is this the end for the allroad? Have there been a rumors of Audi discontinuing this model in the US? Sad if true.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

There are 886 Allroads ordered by dealers thusfar. Multiple cars (I haven't gone in to break it down car by car) are already built, at port, with shipments scheduled to begin today through Monday as the earliest ones I can find. We had Audi staff at our location this week - the Allroad did not come up in conversation at all (we have 3 ordered). 90% of the talk was about some of the special orders we have coming, and, the E-Tron, and then, business plan objectives.

Can't view the sold ones, but I don't think Audi necessarily cares who is pre-ordering the car. They don't care about TT's and those cars are landing now to start. I'd put that to an almost equal as an Allroad in the "niche" category. Every car they make, gets sold, to the dealer. The dealers job is to sell the car, not Audi (except in the initial launch of the ETron, that largely fell on Audi to handle the presales)
Old 02-17-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Can't view the sold ones, but I don't think Audi necessarily cares who is pre-ordering the car. They don't care about TT's and those cars are landing now to start. I'd put that to an almost equal as an Allroad in the "niche" category. Every car they make, gets sold, to the dealer. The dealers job is to sell the car, not Audi (except in the initial launch of the ETron, that largely fell on Audi to handle the presales)
It's almost as if AoA is going out of its way to make this a less desirable car: price premium and slightly reduced rear seat room compared to Q5, insistence on the plastic cladding with an additional $1k paint surcharge if you really don't like that look. I love mine, but guys, why do you have to make this harder rather than easier?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said they have two on order and one is built (almost exact to my spec) but that it is on hold at the plant. If I hear anything new I will be sure and post.

On a side note I drove the Mecan the other day and the 4cyl 19s were delayed until May-June and the Ss were delayed until november! The 19 v60s seem to be delayed as well. Something is screwy... Im guessing the president calling German cars a threat to our national security isn't helping. We shal see...
Old 02-19-2019, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bvariant
It's almost as if AoA is going out of its way to make this a less desirable car: price premium and slightly reduced rear seat room compared to Q5, insistence on the plastic cladding with an additional $1k paint surcharge if you really don't like that look. I love mine, but guys, why do you have to make this harder rather than easier?
Agree, it's a great car - why the roadblocks?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboale
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said they have two on order and one is built (almost exact to my spec) but that it is on hold at the plant. If I hear anything new I will be sure and post.

On a side note I drove the Mecan the other day and the 4cyl 19s were delayed until May-June and the Ss were delayed until november! The 19 v60s seem to be delayed as well. Something is screwy... Im guessing the president calling German cars a threat to our national security isn't helping. We shal see...
Which Macan? Impressions?
Old 02-20-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Which Macan? Impressions?
I drove an S and a Sport. The sport was the biggest surprise. Its basically a gts without the body kit and with the 2.0t. Sticker was mid 60s and being an 18 I imagine would have some good wiggle room to negotiate. I was surprised how much I liked it, i just dont know if my inner car nerd could buy a 4cyl Porsche. They just took in a well optioned 17 S on trade which I am more interested in.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick Reply: 2019 Allroad Delays?