A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

20k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 20k Miles

I just hit the 20k mile mark in a little under 10 months. No major problems to report (just a few remaining computer gremlins). Who else here has higher mileage Allroads, and have you encountered any issues?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm closing in on 10k and the only issues I have are with connectivity with Apple's Carplay, sometimes it requires replugging my phone a half dozen times before it works and sometimes it connects immediately. Also, voice commands - especially with Navigation does not work as well as it should, often requires multiple attempts to enter the correct destination. Other than that, damn near perfect.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:01 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2200 on mine, going in for one year service soon. Mileage is low, trying to keep the miles off of her.

Issues I have

Minor misfire at cold start, can be felt in the car like a minor shake.

Rattle from drivers door panel (clicking sound)

When I go over pavement changes like out of a driveway with a little overhang, like a mini curb, I get a clunk from the front.

Brake pedal has an odd sensation initially pressing the very top of the pedals travel.

Overall I love the car, launch control and all its features 😌.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
When I go over pavement changes like out of a driveway with a little overhang, like a mini curb, I get a clunk from the front.
Control arm bushing. Very common. Pretty early for that one
Old 10-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8K miles in... Two rattles that I had bring in for service... first one in the driver's seat (sport seat) that needed to be brought in twice before it was fixed (required felt tape to stop metal from brushing against a plastic trim piece). The second one was in the glove department and was fixed in 5 minutes. Other than that, pretty solid.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 14k miles on mine since I picked it up in late April. I've driven it to Iowa and to Tennessee.

Haven't had a problem yet with it! Still enjoying it everyday, just wish it was a little bit faster. It's unfortunate you can't get any performance wagons over here.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I’m at 5500. Have a few things going on.

The MMI screen in center stack when the car has been sitting overnight or many hours will flicker for about 5-10 minutes. Almost like there’s a bad connection. It goes away though.

there is a creak during slow speeds coming from the front driver side wheel. Sounds suspension related. Doesn’t happen all the time but it’s very noticeable.

Once the MMI system completely locked up when I was changing radio stations from the steering wheel. I couldn’t do anything. Volume controls didn’t work and even the button to shut off the system wasn’t working. Then the speed limit symbol went from a US sign to a European one. The. The system reset and has been fine.

Bringing it in Friday
Old 10-24-2017, 04:58 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dropped mine off today for the following issues.

1. Brake pedal in the very initial travel has resistance or almost a bump before it moves freely.

2. MMI reboots constantly. I explained my issues word for word from the TSB.

3. The drivers door has a minor rattle from vibration or unevenness in road.

4. When coming to a stop there is a pop or knock from the brakes/transmission.

A few other things too and one bulletin for the rear panel trim to be replaced.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just hit 9k and I've only had the car since May. Like @bob m, I too have been having issue with Apple Carplay requiring a number of unplugging and replugging the phone just to get it to work. Otherwise no problems to report. I small part of me wants to add an Q7 to the garage also = ).

Curious to know many of you guys have puchase an extended warranty?? I've been thinking about getting one for the allroad.....
Old 10-24-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bnewton89
Just hit 9k and I've only had the car since May. Like @bob m, I too have been having issue with Apple Carplay requiring a number of unplugging and replugging the phone just to get it to work. Otherwise no problems to report. I small part of me wants to add an Q7 to the garage also = ).

Curious to know many of you guys have puchase an extended warranty?? I've been thinking about getting one for the allroad.....
Do not purchase an extended warranty at this time. You have 4 years and/or 48 miles on the standard warranty. I have mentioned this many times when this subject comes up and I won't go into my personal experience again, but remember the prorated clock starts ticking the minute you purchase the extended warranty, not when it kicks in, soooooooooooooo buy it today and if your car gets stolen or totaled 2 - 3 years down the road, you will get a prorated refund. Or even if you sell it and it is transferable, you won't get your full price. Not worth it in my book.

Quick Reply: 20k Miles