91 OCTANE NON ETHANOL GAS - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 OCTANE NON ETHANOL GAS

Old 04-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 91 OCTANE NON ETHANOL GAS

Is there any benefit to using non ethanol gas? And if so , is 91 octane sufficient. I guess the real question is : whats better, 93 octane with ethanol or 91 octane without ?
Old 04-26-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I sure would not be afraid to use the E0 91 AKI gasoline. It meets the mfr's recommendation.

Do you have to travel far to buy that fuel?
Old 04-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its right here in Waitsfield , where I live and its only $3.09 per gallon. So, you would use it? Whats the benefit ?
Old 04-26-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Avoid the corrosive effects of ethanol and potentially higher MPG.

Can you say what brand it is?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

No ethanol means maybe 10% better gas milage.. so if its less than 10% more cost then you win.. here in portland its over $4 a gallon while regular super is $3.25...
Old 04-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jcallip1 View Post
No ethanol means maybe 10% better gas milage.. so if its less than 10% more cost then you win.. here in portland its over $4 a gallon while regular super is $3.25...
GUess I am lucky to find it so cheap. I will run it and report any mileage difference. Thanks
Old 05-07-2018, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can write an essay about this, the condensed form would be use the non-ethanol 91 octane gas whenever you come across it. The new england states tend to have more E0 gas scattered around than other parts of the country.

Yes, Audi has engineered the fuel system to withstand E15 but that doesn't make phase separation a non-issue.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by breadbooze View Post
I can write an essay about this, the condensed form would be use the non-ethanol 91 octane gas whenever you come across it. The new england states tend to have more E0 gas scattered around than other parts of the country.

Yes, Audi has engineered the fuel system to withstand E15 but that doesn't make phase separation a non-issue.
Thanks, I have been running it strictly now for 2 weeks at $3.04 a gallon. Ethanol high test is 3.25 ,so its a big win .
Old 05-21-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by breadbooze View Post

I was on a road trip to Maine and on the way home found a station selling non-ethanol 91 octane gas. Seems I did get about a 8-10% increase in mpg.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

There is a local gas station near me that tries to market to millennials with growler station etc. Well, they have a non-ethanol 100 Octane grade... supplied by Marathon. I've never seen this one before and its about a dollar more than the traditional premium gas... so it would make it about 4.50 a gallon. I haven't used this yet, and not sure I will because i have no clue what it may do to the engine, or other components. Would you try it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 91 OCTANE NON ETHANOL GAS

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: