A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Android Auto autostart without ability to cancel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Auto autostart without ability to cancel?

So i realized that if phone is plugged into either one of the USB ports in the center console under arm-rest it triggers Android Auto on the phone and forces you to use that. While AA is great sometimes i may want to simply charge the phone and not have it locked by AA. Anyone has found the "cure" for this?
Old 10-02-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 25PSi
So i realized that if phone is plugged into either one of the USB ports in the center console under arm-rest it triggers Android Auto on the phone and forces you to use that. While AA is great sometimes i may want to simply charge the phone and not have it locked by AA. Anyone has found the "cure" for this?
Well, you could use a cigarette lighter charger instead.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hit media in MMI it will get you of out AA.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recent versions of AA allow you to tap on a notification in the phone to cancel AA, so make sure you have the latest updates on your phone.
SImilar to this screenshot:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/1noBv.png
Old 10-05-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good suggestion, of course, but sadly it does not work.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 on VZ with latest updates.
When connected it goes into AA. At that point, you can slide down and tape EXIT CAR MODE just like in your photo. It does exit but... in 1/2 sec another screen comes up: Similar to this >> https://www.android-recovery.net/ima...e-mtp-mode.png
At that point no matter what option you pick it always overwrites it and brings up AA

ONLY way i find AA to go away is to Exit Car Mode, wait for the "Allow access.." screen, Click DENY, choose Updates from the next screen and OK it. This is WAYYYY too much work for simply not wanting to have an app forced on you. Especially i am trying to make it easy for my tech-ignorant wife.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 25PSi
Good suggestion, of course, but sadly it does not work.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 on VZ with latest updates.
When connected it goes into AA. At that point, you can slide down and tape EXIT CAR MODE just like in your photo. It does exit but... in 1/2 sec another screen comes up: Similar to this >> https://www.android-recovery.net/ima...e-mtp-mode.png
At that point no matter what option you pick it always overwrites it and brings up AA

ONLY way i find AA to go away is to Exit Car Mode, wait for the "Allow access.." screen, Click DENY, choose Updates from the next screen and OK it. This is WAYYYY too much work for simply not wanting to have an app forced on you. Especially i am trying to make it easy for my tech-ignorant wife.
Weird - it usually works pretty smoothly for me. The way I used to do it before the update brought that new 'exit car mode' option was to press the app switcher button, then the home button (on my Galaxy S7 these are the bottom left and bottom right soft keys respectively). That may still work?