A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

B9 Allroad Resale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B9 Allroad Resale?

Hello. I'm looking for some input from Allroad drivers and shoppers on resale values on the Allroad. I know that it's a low volume model and am curious as to how they do on the pre-owned market. It's on my short list of possible wagons (along with the BMW 3 Series Sport Wagon) and I'm trying to get a general sense on how it might do on a trade-in in 3-4 years down the road. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Bob,

This could be a tough one because the 2017 A4 Allroad was a new redesign, so I think it it would be hard to get accurate info on such a new model year vehicle. But you can check KBB and other sources for the older model year Allroads and hopefully some dealers can chime in - along with those who actually have traded it in before. I would guess - and it's only a guess, that it would hold its value slightly better than the A4 sedans simply because it is a much rarer bird. I would also imagine it does at least as well as any of the competitor models. And much depends on which model level - Premium Plus or Prestige as well as mileage and condition of the car at trade in. But frankly if small wagons are what you are looking at, get the one that you feel drives better (comparing similar features/price) and is a better fit for you. I have not driven the BMW wagon, but I am extremely happy with my Allroad.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Bob,

This could be a tough one because the 2017 A4 Allroad was a new redesign, so I think it it would be hard to get accurate info on such a new model year vehicle. But you can check KBB and other sources for the older model year Allroads and hopefully some dealers can chime in - along with those who actually have traded it in before. I would guess - and it's only a guess, that it would hold its value slightly better than the A4 sedans simply because it is a much rarer bird. I would also imagine it does at least as well as any of the competitor models. And much depends on which model level - Premium Plus or Prestige as well as mileage and condition of the car at trade in. But frankly if small wagons are what you are looking at, get the one that you feel drives better (comparing similar features/price) and is a better fit for you. I have not driven the BMW wagon, but I am extremely happy with my Allroad.
Hi Bob. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Allroad vs. the BMW Sport Wagon. Truth be told my preference leans just a bit towards the BMW, but around me they are scarce and probably don't sell very well. Also, there is talk that BMW isn't bringing it back to the U.S. when the next gen comes out in 2019. Having said that, both my wife and I like the Allroad (as well as the Audi brand) and would be comfortable with one in the garage. Do we need a new car now? No. Do we (I) want one? It's looking that way.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are only interested in keeping it for 3 or 4 years, just lease it. My low mileage lease has me at roughly a 60% residual after 3 years.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kobanna
If you are only interested in keeping it for 3 or 4 years, just lease it. My low mileage lease has me at roughly a 60% residual after 3 years.
Thanks. Even though I don't normally lease, I am considering one if we do go ahead. I'll need a refresher course before possibly doing a lease.