A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Branco's 2017 A4 Allroad

Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I would have ordered a 3.0 Diesel without hesitation if i could have here in the U.S.
Well, unless of course there was a U.S. RS4 to buy instead.
Sure, 3.0TDI is great. However, out of my price range. Even this model was a bit steeper than I planned. But that's always the case when I'm buying a car. ^_^

Also, I spy a Flat Bottom Wheel stock?
Correct. ^_^ My first impression was: I don't need that... But after two months of using it, I like it.
See this part with red circle around it? That slight corner/bump on the top actually helps with holding the wheel more firmly when turning.
So yeah... It seems someone in Audi really thought and tested this through.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Branco
Hi folks, this is my A4 Allroad. 2.0TDI, 190hp, S-tronic, leather/alcantara seats and other stuff I still have to discover. ^_^
Bought it two months ago, it has 4000km now and I couldn't be happier with it so far.
I'm jealous of people in US who don't have to have front plate.

Before this car I owned 2010. Audi A5 Sportback with S-Line package. I found it too stiff and rather uncomfortable. I blame the roads not the car for that. ^_^
This A4 Allroad is a lot more to my liking when it comes to comfort.

Nice ride! Don't be jealous of some of us here in the USA for not having to have front plates. If we had those nice Euro plates like you do, I would have my front plates on without a doubt.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Branco, what is the indicator that says "DALMATIA" at the top of the instrument display (other than where you are)? I can't even find that symbol to the left of it in my Owner's Manual. In your photo in the A4/B9 subforum it says "narodni" (and with a Slavic wife I know what that means!).
Old 12-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Branco, what is the indicator that says "DALMATIA" at the top of the instrument display (other than where you are)? I can't even find that symbol to the left of it in my Owner's Manual. In your photo in the A4/B9 subforum it says "narodni" (and with a Slavic wife I know what that means!).
That's name of the radio station I was listening at the time photo was taken.
Radio Dalmatia is my favourite.
If you or your whife are courious, live stream is here: https://www.radiodalmacija.hr/wp-con...pondi.hr:8000/
It's in croatian language so you won't understand a thing they're saying. They play USA music about half of the time so you'll get something.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Branco
Correct. ^_^ My first impression was: I don't need that... But after two months of using it, I like it.
See this part with red circle around it? That slight corner/bump on the top actually helps with holding the wheel more firmly when turning.
So yeah... It seems someone in Audi really thought and tested this through.
Ya, I really do want a nice flat bottom wheel. So much nicer to drive with in my opinion.
Been admiring the options that Alex at Europrice has available and thinking about configuring a custom one. However, a major annoyance with the US verison of the Allroad is that it comes stock with a Trapezoidal Airbag instead of the much more uniformly used circle airbag so if I do a wheel swap i have to also buy a whole different airbag on top of the wheel. Gets pricey fast.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ya, I really do want a nice flat bottom wheel. So much nicer to drive with in my opinion.
Been admiring the options that Alex at Europrice has available and thinking about configuring a custom one. However, a major annoyance with the US verison of the Allroad is that it comes stock with a Trapezoidal Airbag instead of the much more uniformly used circle airbag so if I do a wheel swap i have to also buy a whole different airbag on top of the wheel. Gets pricey fast.
I actually like the looks of trapezoidal more. I guess grass is always greener on the other side.
Couriosity made me take a look at Europrice website. There are Extended Shift Paddles! I didn't know these exist. Now I want them. -_-
They are a bit pricey... I'll check with my local dealer, maybe they have better price for us poor eastern european people. ^_^
Old 12-05-2017, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a wheel available for the trapezoidal airbag. I'm tempted daily.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://europrice.us/steering-wheel-s-line-flat-bottomb9#
Old 12-05-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rrwood
There is a wheel available for the trapezoidal airbag. I'm tempted daily.
Yes, but I prefer the look and larger assortment of options that the circle airbag design offers. I want to do a custom wheel without any badging basically. No S-Line or RS badging, etc.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 219 Likes on 178 Posts

There's a load of options for the B9 models which is nice, more so than previous models. I'm partial to the line of TT Mk3 wheels:

If anyone has questions on the flat-bottom options or any other items don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Branco's 2017 A4 Allroad