A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Buy new or used

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy new or used

I know this is a general question, but would you recommend a used 2017 Allroad (seeing those priced around 42,000) or is there any type of significant discount going on for unsold 2018 Allroad's like I am seeing with the standard A4, especially with the minor redesign of the 2019 coming soon. Thanks
Old 09-28-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck finding a used one, and production is off for the remainder of 2018 from what I understand.

If you REALLy want one, you have to build it, order it, and wait.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian12341
I know this is a general question, but would you recommend a used 2017 Allroad (seeing those priced around 42,000) or is there any type of significant discount going on for unsold 2018 Allroad's like I am seeing with the standard A4, especially with the minor redesign of the 2019 coming soon. Thanks
there is no minor redesign coming in the US for at least another model year
Old 09-28-2018, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

At this point it will be all about FINDING a car you can even purchase, new or used. That's the bigger questions. Sure, a used car is always going to be cheaper. Currently my dealer is offering 10% off any in-stock 2018, Allroad included. That's a notable discount to get without even negotiating.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Here is the thing with Audi that many people don't understand, or ignore.

They control the inventory very closely - they operate on a just in time methodology. You will not see 19's swarming in and sitting next to 18's, and then prices slashed on 18's. It's simply not how they do things, because they don't have to. Especially this year with so many new models coming for the 4th quarter.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my CPO 2017 AR Prestige this past August, in my area there were about CPO AR's 4 to choose from but only one Prestige available. It had been on the dealer's lot for almost a year but when I tried to low ball them they wouldn't budge very much. I was able to get a perfect 2017 with 8,400 miles 10 grand below the original MSRP. I'm not convinced that I got a good deal but I love the car so there you have it. Car came with the Audi Care Package so my next 3 services are free. I wanted all the bells and whistles that Audi offered and this is very well equipped. Keep searching and go well beyond your territory and you may find what your looking for.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I find posts like this to be anazing, let me add some perspective:

You got a car you wanted, with all the features you wanted, got all your service through 50k ($869 cost), + an extended warranty ($3500 ish cost), paid $10k less than sticker before the service and warranty cost, wrote the check, you are enjoying the car presumably, but are not convinced you got a good deal?

It’s a pretty simple economic equation - no price you pay is ever low enough. No price the dealer sells it for is ever high enough. This translates to any other purchase ever made, in history. You made the purchase and wrote the check, so you clearly understood that the value of the item exceeded the value of the money in your pocket, and it presumably satisfied a want or need. That is the definition of a good deal, for all parties.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
I find posts like this to be anazing, let me add some perspective:

You got a car you wanted, with all the features you wanted, got all your service through 50k ($869 cost), + an extended warranty ($3500 ish cost), paid $10k less than sticker before the service and warranty cost, wrote the check, you are enjoying the car presumably, but are not convinced you got a good deal?

It’s a pretty simple economic equation - no price you pay is ever low enough. No price the dealer sells it for is ever high enough. This translates to any other purchase ever made, in history. You made the purchase and wrote the check, so you clearly understood that the value of the item exceeded the value of the money in your pocket, and it presumably satisfied a want or need. That is the definition of a good deal, for all parties.

Thanks for the perspective, I completely hate the entire car buying experience and I know that I'm no good at it, the dealers see me coming a mile away. You're right, I drove the car and had to have it so I wrote the check. I love driving the car, after driving big SUV's for the last 10+ years it's really fun to be back in a European sedan/wagon feeling car. When I say that I don't know if I got a good deal, it's because I don't understand the market. Maybe I did get a good deal.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your first sentence there said a mouthful - and I know it’s how TONS of people feel.

Being in the industry, I promise you, it does not have to be an anxious, annnoying process. It can be fun and completely enjoyable. The research you spend on the car, and the price...shift it, and spend it on the dealership. Ask for some references of satisfied clients. Talk to the manager and tell them you want to deal with their top person. I guarantee the top salesperson in an organization got there because they are doing the right thing by their clients and taking them though every step at the clients pace.

Price is absokutely important. No question about it. But it’s hardly the only thing, and in the long term, which a car tends to be, it’s quickly forgotten. The dealer, their staff, make or break the buying and ownership experience. The price does not influence that at all.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by phwhite101
When I say that I don't know if I got a good deal, it's because I don't understand the market. Maybe I did get a good deal.
Perspective is always important. Can I ask what field/industry you work in? Are you in business for yourself or work for someone else?

Quick Reply: Buy new or used