A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Coilovers/Spring Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers/Spring Installation Question

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to get some H&R lowering springs and wheels for my summer setup and just had some questions regarding the install.

I've done over a dozen suspension installs over the years but nothing on an Audi. I was wondering if there is a detailed guide out there pertaining to the install, more specifically if there are any unique tools I need to remove the suspension (this is the part I'm most worried about).

Installing my new miata suspension as well this spring so hopefully I can get this all done without too much trouble.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,
I hope that my thread on A4 B9 will help (H&R #50357, lowering springs install)
Thx
Old 03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Any updates on the H&R springs? I’m looking to get the car a little lower but don’t want to sacrifice too much of the clearance.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rpparkster
Any updates on the H&R springs? I’m looking to get the car a little lower but don’t want to sacrifice too much of the clearance.
Ordered my summer wheels and springs last week. Should be arriving sometime next week, and probably looking to install them first week of May when the snow clears up.

Specifications say it should be drop around 1.6" all around, I'm expecting maybe a little more once the springs settle. This shouldn't compromise clearance too much as the AR comes a little higher than the sedans.

Originally Posted by thinkblue
Hi,
I hope that my thread on A4 B9 will help (H&R #50357, lowering springs install)
Thx
Thanks! Will check this out when I do my install.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Starky
Ordered my summer wheels and springs last week. Should be arriving sometime next week, and probably looking to install them first week of May when the snow clears up.

Specifictions say it should be drop around 1.6" all around, I'm expecting maybe a little more once the springs settle. This shouldn't compromise clearance too much as the AR comes a little higher than the sedans..
Which part number for the Springs did you purchase? Sedan and Allroad have different part numbers and spring rates. The Allroad H&R Sport Springs should be Part# 50385.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yup, #50385 is what I have. Same part # as the A5/S5, different than the regular A4 sedan.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, #50385 is what I have. Same part # as the A5/S5, different than the regular A4 sedan.
Good! Looking forward to seeing! I'm still looking for an adjustable spring option for Allroad fitment.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Coilovers/Spring Installation Question-ptvyf1x.jpg

Finally got my suspension installed.

As thinkblue's thread says, the fronts are a pain to work with. Removing the bolts are easy but lining up the strut to leave/go into the knuckle takes a lot of trial and error. Having a long pry bar and a friend to help definitely comes a long way.

Happy with the result!
Old 04-30-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

As thinkblue's thread says, the fronts are a pain to work with. Removing the bolts are easy but lining up the strut to leave/go into the knuckle takes a lot of trial and error. Having a long pry bar and a friend to help definitely comes a long way.
I always feel like the fronts are easy, it's that rear spring that always ends up being a pain to me.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got my suspension installed.

Happy with the result!
how is the performance? Does swapping out the coils cause any issue, or reduced function, with the drive modes (dynamic, etc).
Thanks

Quick Reply: Coilovers/Spring Installation Question