A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Disabling auto-lock feature

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Disabling auto-lock feature

The auto-lock feature appeals to many but not me nor my wife. Our 2018 allroad has the feature and it cannot be disabled with MMI. Let's not get into a discussion about the merits (or lack thereof) of the system, please. I am wondering if anyone KNOWS for sure whether or not the auto-lock feature can be disabled with VCDS or not. If it can be disabled with VCDS then I will find someone to do that for me. Thanks in advance for input.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BeechSierra
The auto-lock feature appeals to many but not me nor my wife. Our 2018 allroad has the feature and it cannot be disabled with MMI. Let's not get into a discussion about the merits (or lack thereof) of the system, please. I am wondering if anyone KNOWS for sure whether or not the auto-lock feature can be disabled with VCDS or not. If it can be disabled with VCDS then I will find someone to do that for me. Thanks in advance for input.
Yes, it can with VCDS. It will put an option in MMI allowing you to enable or disable auto-lock.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

wdimagineer,
Thank you for the reply. Do you happen to have any idea of the VAG-COM coding? I have located someone with the VCDS equipment but need the coding.

Last edited by BeechSierra; 08-29-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Odd that they removed this option from the factory. I can turn auto lock on/off under the central locking section in car settings for my current car. No vagcom was necessary, but I just checked the Allroad user manual and there is indeed no longer a mention that it can be turned off in the MMI.

Just out of curiosity, what bothers you and your wife about it? It seems rather an unobtrusive feature and I actually had a case in the city where I was pulled over on the side of the road and somebody was trying to open my trunk. What bothered me in previous cars was that I couldn't have all doors unlock at once, so when I was out by myself and just parked the car in the garage, the passenger door remained locked and I got the dirty look from my wife if I didn't unlock before she pulled the handle. Now with my current car I have all doors unlock and when I park and turn off the engine all doors unlock automatically (I don't lock my car in the garage) so all doors remain unlocked and next morning I don't get the dirty look from my wife anymore :-).
Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BeechSierra
wdimagineer,
Than you for the reply. Do you happen to have any idea of the VAG-COM coding? I have located someone with the VCDS equipment but need the coding.
I'm sorry for the delay. The option you'll want to change is inside 09 - Central Electronics. Scroll to find automatic_lock_not_at_mmi and set it to not active.

You may need to restart the MMI interface after the change has taken place. Hold both function buttons "up" and press the rotary controller.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
I'm sorry for the delay. The option you'll want to change is inside 09 - Central Electronics. Scroll to find automatic_lock_not_at_mmi and set it to not active.

You may need to restart the MMI interface after the change has taken place. Hold both function buttons "up" and press the rotary controller.
wdimagineer,
Thank you for the reply. I will give it a try.