AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/)
-   -   Do Allroads lead back to Audi? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/do-allroads-lead-back-audi-2941023/)

Allroading17 01-16-2018 02:58 AM

Do Allroads lead back to Audi?

Recently, my 2017 Allroad with a little over 3K mikes began having major issues With VC, MMI and failure of suspension. Long story short they're buying the car back.

Now to decide what to get next- I recently drove an SQ5 and absolutely loved the air suspension, sport diff, and Seats in it. Oh and that exhaust sound ;) One thing I hated- MEXICAN BUILD QUALITY!!!!!

The Q5 I had for a little over three weeks didn't impress me, insulation visible at the seam between windshield and dashboard, rear left door didn't even work inside. (No it wasn't frozen, child lock was unlocked). Not impressed

Either this- or a prestige Allroad with full body paint and warm weather and cold. A German made wagon. Not another q5 on the road.

I appreciate your opinion.

-Chris

soonerfan 01-16-2018 03:57 AM

Curious as to what they found wrong with your 2017 Allroad. I have over 5K on mine and it has been excellent with no issues. Am somewhat surprised as to your comments on the Q5, but not totally shocked. First year production woes in a new plant in Mexico scared me off of another Q5 and I liked the platform well enough to own two back-to-back.

I'd buy another Allroad without hesitation.

Fantasiamon 01-16-2018 04:48 AM

Ask Wdimagineer about the SQ5 issues he had with the Mexico plant. It's really unfortunate but i would personally steer way clear.

Would be very helpful if you could post the exact issues and the reasons they took the car back for others to reference in case they find similar issues with their 2017.As in, what were the VC, MMI and suspension issues? Your 2017 was a fairly early build?

So far I have not regretted going Presitige with Cold and Warm weather packages one bit.

bob m 01-16-2018 04:58 AM

That you had such major issues with your Allroad - or any Audi, is certainly non representative of the car. Ok, bad luck happens and they did the right thing and bought the car back. I had 2 Q5's a 2017 A4 and now a 2017 Allroad. To me it's a perfect combination of handling,fit and finish, smart looks, decent fuel economy and some sense of uniqueness. Sort of like a smaller Outback with higher luxury and performance, but that's just my take. Do you need a Q5 sized vehicle or was the Allroad meeting your needs? If you do go with a Q5, realize that the handling and performance will not be as sharp as on the Allroad. Is that important to you? Just a few things to consider.

As for me, if my car got totaled or stolen, I'd buy another Allroad in a heartbeat - unless my more practical side won out and I'd opt for a Subaru Outback.

bob m 01-16-2018 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon (Post 25096877)
Ask Wdimagineer about the SQ5 issues he had with the Mexico plant. It's really unfortunate but i would personally steer way clear.

Would be very helpful if you could post the exact issues and the reasons they took the car back for others to reference in case they find similar issues with their 2017.As in, what were the VC, MMI and suspension issues? Your 2017 was a fairly early build?

So far I have not regretted going Presitige with Cold and Warm weather packages one bit.

Hmmmmnnn, can you steer us to the thread that Widimagineer found these issues in?

Allroading17 01-16-2018 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Curious as to what they found wrong with your 2017 Allroad. I have over 5K on mine and it has been excellent with no issues. Am somewhat surprised as to your comments on the Q5, but not totally shocked. First year production woes in a new plant in Mexico scared me off of another Q5 and I liked the platform well enough to own two back-to-back.

I'd buy another Allroad without hesitation.

First we started off with an adaptive suspension failure- dealer contacted TAC ordered module, took 4 weeks to come. Had to remove seats, carpeting, console everything. Didn't fix it

No MMI, VC, no oil pressure message then no communication from modules. Round two, found Oil pressure filter sensor shorting out 5F, and a bunch of modules. Replaced sensor and harness.

Third time. No engine start, would turn over but not run. About 100 error messages, low oil pressure, FWD only, Quattro ultra failure. Vehicle towed and had a hard time getting on flatbed with FWD. ECM replaced, found wire in center console touching metal which shorted out some stuff. MMI update didn't fix VC issues.

Buyback initiated-

I love the allroad but the SQ5 sounded really good and had excellent power. Scared off by its build quality that Jaron has posted. I've seen it myself with 3 different q5 loaners.

Allroading17 01-16-2018 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon

I've seen the horror stories from his car. Mine had a build date in Ingolstadt of October 23 2016.

bob m 01-16-2018 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25096884)
I've seen the horror stories from his car. Mine had a build date in Ingolstadt of October 23 2016.

Is there a link for Jaron's post about his SQ5?

Allroading17 01-16-2018 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by bob m
Is there a link for Jaron's post about his SQ5?

His Instagram shows a lot of the defects he has had with it. I don't want to post them because he has a private account and he might not want to have it posted.

bob m 01-16-2018 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25096928)
His Instagram shows a lot of the defects he has had with it. I don't want to post them because he has a private account and he might not want to have it posted.

Gotcha, I did a quick search here and thought you were referring to this one.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...s-old-2935241/

In any event, I know Jaron loved his Allroad and made it about the most customized Allroad in the USA. I could be wrong but I think a lot of the fun for him is making his cars very custom, with state of art tech and such and enjoys the process as much if not more than the result. He's got the tech savvy and equipment as well as money to do that. I'm kind of envious as I would have trouble changing the oil on my Allroad! Kudos to Jaron, but it's a shame to be having trouble with any car, let alone a pricey new one. Good news is that everything should be covered under warranty.