A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Doors Unlocking on Park

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Doors Unlocking on Park

When I put my transmission in park the car automatically unlocks the doors, and from a security standpoint this is less than desirable.

Does anyone know how to stop this behavior via the MMI or coding?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

There should be an option in the MMI car menu. I am not familiar with the new menu system, so please check the manual. There should be a locking menu to select.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As in my former '11 Avant and my current '14 Jetta SW, it will likely give you three options: Remain locked, unlock all doors, or unlock Drivers door only.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I was also expecting to see a menu item for this, but I can't find it in the MMI (see below for central locking screen). The central locking options only seem to apply to the key fob not the auto lock/unlock function. This was one of the issues I showed the dealer's lead tech, and he's going to check with Audi to see if there's something they can do via coding.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I sure hope they find a way to code around that. And here is why it is a dangerous default.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CoMeader
Thanks for all the feedback. I was also expecting to see a menu item for this, but I can't find it in the MMI (see below for central locking screen). The central locking options only seem to apply to the key fob not the auto lock/unlock function...
I wanted to give a quick update to those of you who are tired of being put at risk of being carjacked at the ATM...

After a few weeks of back and forth with AoA, and a bit of escalation, Audi has completed the custom coding on my car to eliminate this behavior. There are no new options on the MMi to select, but after coding the car auto-locks as normal when pulling away, but it no longer unlocks itself when the transmission is put into park. I've just had this done today, but it's had a big impact on my satisfaction since my car reminded me of this issue every time I parked.

I didn't get the full coding details of what they changed, but the notes said it was in module 46 (comfort module).

Given the heat I've given AoA over a number of product decisions, I guess I'd better give them kudos for being willing to take care of my concern and code my car with the Euro settings for the locking system. Thanks AoA - but this doesn't mean I've forgiven you for the HPFP on my B7.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CoMeader
I wanted to give a quick update to those of you who are tired of being put at risk of being carjacked at the ATM...

After a few weeks of back and forth with AoA, and a bit of escalation, Audi has completed the custom coding on my car to eliminate this behavior. There are no new options on the MMi to select, but after coding the car auto-locks as normal when pulling away, but it no longer unlocks itself when the transmission is put into park. I've just had this done today, but it's had a big impact on my satisfaction since my car reminded me of this issue every time I parked.

I didn't get the full coding details of what they changed, but the notes said it was in module 46 (comfort module).

Given the heat I've given AoA over a number of product decisions, I guess I'd better give them kudos for being willing to take care of my concern and code my car with the Euro settings for the locking system. Thanks AoA - but this doesn't mean I've forgiven you for the HPFP on my B7.
Can any Audi dealer recode the Allroads for this feature?
Old 03-15-2017, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Can any Audi dealer recode the Allroads for this feature?
My dealer had no idea it could even be done until AoA contacted them to tell them they were going to send them instructions on how to change the coding. I'd say if you want it done you'll probably have to go through AoA to get them to work with your dealer to get it done.

AoA did say it would be up to the dealer if they were willing to do the coding, but mine was happy to do it.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn. That is some heat you've given them if they had to personally send your dealer the code!!!!
I'm guessing it should be easy to find out since we know which module the coding was done to. Lemme check tomorrow to see if I can find something.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you go to Audi Boulder to get this done? I am considering buying AR and they are my current Audi dealer.

Quick Reply: Doors Unlocking on Park