A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Electronic Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Gremlins

I have a 2018 Allroad Prestige with all the bells and whistles purchased in early November. Love, love, love the car! But...

I've been experiencing occasional gremlins that seem to come and go with little rhyme or reason. The exterior rear-view mirrors seem to reset themselves arbitrarily from the saved memory positions on a semi-regular basis. The MMI insists on prompting my phone to use Android Auto every time I plug the phone into the USB socket to recharge. When I tell it not to, it will wait 2 or 3 seconds before prompting me again. It makes the phone essentially unusable when it's plugged in.

Yesterday, it seems that the entire system reset itself. Interior lighting was set back to factory defaults, the liftgate opened only about three feet, then the liftgate refused to close remotely using my key. I had to walk over to the car and press the button on the lift gate. My exterior rear view mirrors then reset themselves as I was driving. My seat heater was reset to off. I think there a a couple of other issues I'm forgetting.

Anyone else having electronic problems/issues?
Old 01-24-2018, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Android Auto issue is (as far as I know) just the way it works, and it's a pain. I often want to just top off a charge while I'm driving across town and don't want AA functionality, and it kills the charging speed - guessing because of what AA is doing on the phone.
The other issues I haven't seen at all with mine, although the liftgate can be a bit finicky.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JazzMat
I have a 2018 Allroad Prestige with all the bells and whistles purchased in early November. Love, love, love the car! But...

I've been experiencing occasional gremlins that seem to come and go with little rhyme or reason. The exterior rear-view mirrors seem to reset themselves arbitrarily from the saved memory positions on a semi-regular basis. The MMI insists on prompting my phone to use Android Auto every time I plug the phone into the USB socket to recharge. When I tell it not to, it will wait 2 or 3 seconds before prompting me again. It makes the phone essentially unusable when it's plugged in.

Yesterday, it seems that the entire system reset itself. Interior lighting was set back to factory defaults, the liftgate opened only about three feet, then the liftgate refused to close remotely using my key. I had to walk over to the car and press the button on the lift gate. My exterior rear view mirrors then reset themselves as I was driving. My seat heater was reset to off. I think there a a couple of other issues I'm forgetting.

Anyone else having electronic problems/issues?
Have a 2017 Premium Plus and also dealing a ton of little electronic issues. SOS calling failure alert constantly when starting up. Carplay crashes out randomly while driving and have to unplug iphone numerous times to reset. Random pre-sense alert warnings appear even when they're aren't any cars nearby. Trunk opens randomly and does not close when using key fob. Random beeping/locking even when I'm not pressing lock button. Taking my car in for service next week to have them check all these issues out. Annoying but love the car otherwise.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA4091
Have a 2017 Premium Plus and also dealing a ton of little electronic issues. SOS calling failure alert constantly when starting up. Carplay crashes out randomly while driving and have to unplug iphone numerous times to reset. Random pre-sense alert warnings appear even when they're aren't any cars nearby. Trunk opens randomly and does not close when using key fob. Random beeping/locking even when I'm not pressing lock button. Taking my car in for service next week to have them check all these issues out. Annoying but love the car otherwise.
Ironically enough my allroad was at the dealer recently and it happened to be raining. The advisor had the car in view and noticed the lights flashing and trunk open. Apparently there's a software update for this to correct

My car is being bought back, but the irony of the dealer getting this problem made me laugh
Old 01-31-2018, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Ironically enough my allroad was at the dealer recently and it happened to be raining. The advisor had the car in view and noticed the lights flashing and trunk open. Apparently there's a software update for this to correct

My car is being bought back, but the irony of the dealer getting this problem made me laugh
Optimal! Nice to have this be the case rather than the usual case of "works for me, I can't see the problem".
Old 01-31-2018, 05:19 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Optimal! Nice to have this be the case rather than the usual case of "works for me, I can't see the problem".
Exactly! I always seem to be the one with the "cannot duplicates" and this worked like a charm!