A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM puddle lights

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Where did you get the puddle lights? Assuming it's the OEM kind?
Yes, I bought the Audi OEM puddle lights. I track the Q7 forum and when I saw they were back in stock with a new manufacturer, I jumped to order them from my local Audi dealer here in Mpls. And yes, I paid an arm and leg for four of them, but the quality is fantastic and bright and crystal sharp on the ground. Like I said, fun to see my teenage boys be surprised with them when I didn't tell them I had installed them.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Thanks for those pics and the posts. Was hoping to see more Manhattan Gray pictures posted. I also have a Manhattan Gray AR coming in late June/early July. Mine will be a Prestige in full paint, Rock Grey, Grey Oak inlays, and the Sport Package. Dealer ordered two full paint Glacier White loaded Prestige units and I was able to snag one in time to change it to my liking.
The adaptive cruise control on my S3 works as it should but one finds themselves matching the slower speed of the vehicle in front invisibly for miles if one isn't attentive to it. I turned off the active lane assist and rarely use it. My highway trips are pretty short as a rule here in the city.
Almost went with the Nougat Brown interior as you did, but went for that lighter Rock Gray to brighten the interior, as black is so common and frankly, I'm tired of black interiors.
I love the power of my S3, the brakes and the handling, but will not miss the harsh ride and the smallish interior. Am very much anticipating the quiet and smoothness the Allroad will bring.
I agree on the ACC. It does such a great job of moderating the speed that I didn't even notice that I had been following someone that was going 6 mph slower than my preset speed. Start to pass and the Allroad picks up speed assertively to pass the slow car. Still building trust that it will bring us to a stop in full stop-and-go traffic or the traffic jam assist will keep following in the right lane. Very happy I have it.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It absolutely does bring you to a full stop. It is amazing. And if the car ahead is turning off the road, it will slow down and then pause for a second or so, which seems like an eternity, before it accelerates again. You can override that pause by accelerating yourself, and then it will take over again. This is very helpful in areas that have unreasonably slow speed limits and are patrolled incessantly. It is not easy to do 30mph for long stretches, but this ACC sure helps.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

One thing I find annoying about the ACC is that it reads road signs, sometimes inadvertently, and abruptly drops the speed. For instance, I may be cruising along at 65 in a 55 mph zone and it suddenly drops to 40 mph, presumably because it read either of the following: a yellow "40 MPH EXIT" sign, or a "40 MPH MIN" sign. This shocks the car behind me, making me look like an erratic driver.

Is there a way to make it not read the speed limit signs, so that it doesn't react to the wrong signs?

Last edited by archrenov8; 05-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree with your note that neither of the OEM tires are in the top half of the relevant tires in that size. If I were replacing tires at this time it would be tossup between the "Michelin Premier A/S" and the "Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus." No other tires in the "relevant" table linked above were rated "Excellent" in four categories, and the Michelins are rated better in both "Wet" and "Snow."
Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
I agree with your note that neither of the OEM tires are in the top half of the relevant tires in that size. If I were replacing tires at this time it would be tossup between the "Michelin Premier A/S" and the "Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus." No other tires in the "relevant" table linked above were rated "Excellent" in four categories, and the Michelins are rated better in both "Wet" and "Snow."
The day I picked up my AR, I traded in the OEM tires for CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS 245/45 R18 100H XL. I am pretty happy with them.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From another thread (below) there is this article in which they configure the Allroad w/ Michelins Defender TLX M/S... looks pretty impressive to me, but my knowledge about tires is close to none. Having said that, I am eagerly following these discussions as I am seriously considering an upgrade and having two different sets - summer/performance and rugged/winter-ish weather (cold/rain/snow). Maybe w/ a different wheel size (currently stock 18)... Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

Originally Posted by Fortunate1
Just finished reading an article in the June issue of Automobile Magazine (hard copy). Nice pics of a Gotland Green car, and their light offroad excursion in New Mexico. A whole lot more about the ranch and terrain than about the car, though.

Eight full pages, but more pictures than print. Enjoy...

Roaming with Buffalo in a 2017 Audi A4 Allroad | Automobile Magazine
Old 05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how new owners waited for months for their cars. Ordered mine - Gotland Green Premium Plus with tech, First week of March and should be arriving at the dealers at the end of the month. To say I'm anxious is an understatement, especially when i start seeing Audi cars whichever way i look !
Old 05-15-2017, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Aarchit
Not sure how new owners waited for months for their cars. Ordered mine - Gotland Green Premium Plus with tech, First week of March and should be arriving at the dealers at the end of the month. To say I'm anxious is an understatement, especially when i start seeing Audi cars whichever way i look !
Exact same mental process here, except that I'm doing European delivery, so I'll be driving it for about 10 days starting in Germany, then waiting a bit longer to get it back here. Not sure if that small taste will make it easier to wait or harder!
Old 05-15-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Aarchit
First week of March? I ordered 2nd week of January and will take delivery around memorial day.4 1/2 months!

Quick Reply: First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!