A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppe1.8T
My mind has been swaying between Allroad, SQ5, and A5/S5 sportbacks.
I recently drove a 2016 Q5 as a loaner. I was quite annoyed that the huge outside mirrors blocked my view of crosswalks. At one point I was watching a couple pedestrians starting across an intersection and they completely disappeared behind the left mirror.

They also block curbs and low posts that one might scrape when turning.

I doubt if the SQ5 would be any faster than a stock A4 Allroad. The higher horsepower ought to be balanced by the Q's greater weight. My neighbor has an SQ5, maybe he would like find a nice wide, straight, private road............
Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
I recently drove a 2016 Q5 as a loaner. I was quite annoyed that the huge outside mirrors blocked my view of crosswalks. At one point I was watching a couple pedestrians starting across an intersection and they completely disappeared behind the left mirror.

They also block curbs and low posts that one might scrape when turning.

I doubt if the SQ5 would be any faster than a stock A4 Allroad. The higher horsepower ought to be balanced by the Q's greater weight. My neighbor has an SQ5, maybe he would like find a nice wide, straight, private road............
Funny, the one thing that struck me when I test drove an allroad was how tiny the side mirrors were. I guess I'll just have to get used to them.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful! Enjoy!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wait until you get used to the heads up display. One you get used to it it is so odd driving a car that does not have it.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Funny, the one thing that struck me when I test drove an allroad was how tiny the side mirrors were. I guess I'll just have to get used to them.
At first, the AR sideview mirrors seem small, but they do the job quite nicely. At the outer edges of the mirror, they are angled down, which seems odd at first, but the further away things are, the greater your field of view (so the minor doesn't need to be as large at the outer edges).

Also, I believe that they are placed lower than normal on the doors, so you can easily see over them, so nothing is obscured from view.

That was always a pet peeve of mine, that sideview mirrors were mounted about 2-3" higher than necessary on the door sill. I don't need to get a view under the mirror- I need to see over it to the crosswalk, and in the new AR, they got that right.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I don't need to get a view under the mirror- I need to see over it to the crosswalk, and in the new AR, they got that right.
Well, at least I am not the only one...........
Old 05-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default CAR ARRIVED!

WOW! excited and nervous at the same time! It seems my car arrived yesterday to Port and today it is on truck to dealer. Will be getting it tomorrow afternoon!

Feels unreal after all the waiting. Not sure I will sleep tonite

For those asking about expediting the paperwork. It seems it works? Dealer had mentioned they will be doing that to get it in before end of month.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aarchit
WOW! excited and nervous at the same time! It seems my car arrived yesterday to Port and today it is on truck to dealer. Will be getting it tomorrow afternoon!

Feels unreal after all the waiting. Not sure I will sleep tonite

For those asking about expediting the paperwork. It seems it works? Dealer had mentioned they will be doing that to get it in before end of month.
Ha! Nice. Congrats!!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PhillyAllroad
Nice. I'll post here if I get any updates from my dealer. Be nice to have our cars before Memorial Day weekend but I'm certainly not going to count on that.
My car is at dealer. I could pick up now but I do want it prepped so I will get tomorrow morning.

So 4 days from boat in RI to dealer in Philly.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyAllroad
My car is at dealer. I could pick up now but I do want it prepped so I will get tomorrow morning.

So 4 days from boat in RI to dealer in Philly.
I hope you are telling them to take whatever wrap came on it (if any) and not to wash the car as you be spending time/money getting rid of those swirls.

Quick Reply: First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!