A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Hatch Seal Picture Request

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
I have that exact same jumper! Haven't used it on my own TDI Sportwagen yet, but it's helped two others out. Great product.
Certainly more user friendly than jumper cables.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Seems like a bunch of us former and current Sportwagen owners are over this way now.
It was the least they could do helping us move up market with what they paid for our Sportwagens. VW still got off easy.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rrwood
It was the least they could do helping us move up market with what they paid for our Sportwagens. VW still got off easy.
Totally, although the buyback value is way more than I would get if I was selling privately pre-scandal, and is part of what helped justify the upgrade for me. I was close to selling and finding something else when the scandal broke, glad I held off!

Apart from that, the Sportwagen was a great car, very versatile, and with the smoothest six-speed manual gearbox I've ever had. At the same time it was still an '09, so I'm looking forward to a significant jump up in technology and comfort!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I took it out of my VW Sportwagen before selling it back to VW. It's a little tight, but fits pretty well. Weather Tech mat underneath.
I did have one question about that area; I don't have a mat in my VW at the moment, and am planning on getting *something* to protect the boot area from dog hair.
I'm sure that any of the rubber mats will do a fine job keeping the boot floor clean, but how carpet-ey is the material covering the sides, and back of the rear seats? In the VW it's a very dense carpet matting, and it holds onto short dog hairs like nothing else.

I don't like the idea of getting a whole-boot liner, because most of them I've seen are either a tarp with velcro, or a quilted thing that looks like a hippy's moved into the back of your car.

I'd still like to keep it maintainable, though.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I took it out of my VW Sportwagen before selling it back to VW. It's a little tight, but fits pretty well. Weather Tech mat underneath.
Funny, I was just going to say it came from a JSW. I turned mine back in last month, and contemplated keeping it. It has an odd semi-circular notch at the leading edge of it that is rather distinctive.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did have one question about that area; I don't have a mat in my VW at the moment, and am planning on getting *something* to protect the boot area from dog hair.
I'm sure that any of the rubber mats will do a fine job keeping the boot floor clean, but how carpet-ey is the material covering the sides, and back of the rear seats? In the VW it's a very dense carpet matting, and it holds onto short dog hairs like nothing else.

I don't like the idea of getting a whole-boot liner, because most of them I've seen are either a tarp with velcro, or a quilted thing that looks like a hippy's moved into the back of your car.

I'd still like to keep it maintainable, though.
Pretty much the same as the VW. It would definitely be a dog hair magnet. I have a cover from Duluth Trading that covers my back seat area, and that's where my friend Frank the Australian Shepherd rides. But then again, I have no children or anyone else that has to go in the car, so Frank is King. We've created a monster.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Pretty much the same as the VW. It would definitely be a dog hair magnet. I have a cover from Duluth Trading that covers my back seat area, and that's where my friend Frank the Australian Shepherd rides. But then again, I have no children or anyone else that has to go in the car, so Frank is King. We've created a monster.
Thanks - if I could wean my dog off the boot area that would be a good option. Right now she loves the flat stable surface and anything else elicits whining like you wouldn't believe.
Might still work on that one, though.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks - if I could wean my dog off the boot area that would be a good option. Right now she loves the flat stable surface and anything else elicits whining like you wouldn't believe.
Might still work on that one, though.
I hope my dog shares your dog's love for the boot. I currently drive a Honda Accord coupe and she loves sitting up front with her head out the window. When I take delivery of my Allroad next month (hopefully) she will not ever know what the front or back seats even look like. I plan to keep her in the back. Already bought a barrier for above the back seats. I just hope she doesn't complain too much. Fortunately she doesn't shed at all so hair in the carpet isn't an issue. Mud and dirt are another story.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blorzoga
I hope my dog shares your dog's love for the boot. I currently drive a Honda Accord coupe and she loves sitting up front with her head out the window. When I take delivery of my Allroad next month (hopefully) she will not ever know what the front or back seats even look like. I plan to keep her in the back. Already bought a barrier for above the back seats. I just hope she doesn't complain too much. Fortunately she doesn't shed at all so hair in the carpet isn't an issue. Mud and dirt are another story.
Ha yeah, my dog is the reverse, she doesn't know what a window is, although with the sunroof and all windows open it gets plenty exciting back there.