A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Homestretch - almost to allroad

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homestretch - almost to allroad

New member here - it's been nice to read through this active sub forum as I find myself in the home stretch to a 2017 allroad.

I'm looking at a former Audi of North America company car purchased from auction and on sale at an independent dealer. ~1700 miles, 2017 premium plus, gotland green w/ black interior. Car is still under warranty until late 2020. It's about $2k under market, and that sort of pricing is apparently the norm at this higher volume (so they say) dealer in CT. The internal dealer to dealer quality rating of the car was a 5/5 (no idea of this is a thing, just something that was mentioned).

Used 2017 Audi A4 allroad For Sale | East Windsor CT

I'm getting a pre purchase inspection done at the Audi dealer up the road and they were easy about that. Any gotchas I should be concerned with here otherwise?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:53 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a good deal. What's the build date of the car?
Old 12-11-2017, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Sounds like a good deal. What's the build date of the car?
I don't know the bulid date. The warranty in-service date was 10/2016. Will put this on my list of questions to ask. Are there issues with MY17 vehicles before or after certain build dates?

Apropos of nothing - they have another 17 for $1k less that has sport package and 11k miles. I would prefer sport package but it's hard to beat 1700 miles with this price. My understanding is that the sport package for the allroad includes the seats and the suspension upgrade.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bosatsu
I don't know the bulid date. The warranty in-service date was 10/2016. Will put this on my list of questions to ask. Are there issues with MY17 vehicles before or after certain build dates?

Apropos of nothing - they have another 17 for $1k less that has sport package and 11k miles. I would prefer sport package but it's hard to beat 1700 miles with this price. My understanding is that the sport package for the allroad includes the seats and the suspension upgrade.

I would go for the Gotland one. I had purchased a A6 from them as a corporate vehicle LONG ago and it was a great deal. It was an A6 allroad too....

The sports pack provides s seats and not any suspension changes. The Allroads all come standard with the adaptive damping suspension.

Go for it!!!!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Of course, local DC area Audi dealer calls me an hour ago and they found one with 6700 miles and 6 months more warranty left on it. Gotland green w/ tech, cold weather, prem plus. I also think I like the atlas beige more than black interior. Only down side is the high gloss wood trim (ick), 5K more miles. Would be an easier trade experience and having to do a short flight to CT, then drive it back to DC.

Ugh! Complications. Any input welcome.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bosatsu
Of course, local DC area Audi dealer calls me an hour ago and they found one with 6700 miles and 6 months more warranty left on it. Gotland green w/ tech, cold weather, prem plus. I also think I like the atlas beige more than black interior. Only down side is the high gloss wood trim (ick), 5K more miles. Would be an easier trade experience and having to do a short flight to CT, then drive it back to DC.

Ugh! Complications. Any input welcome.
In real life the dark walnut trim works out pretty well. It is darker than it looks in the online builder. That sounds like exactly the same paint, seats, and trim as mine!
Old 12-12-2017, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
In real life the dark walnut trim works out pretty well. It is darker than it looks in the online builder. That sounds like exactly the same paint, seats, and trim as mine!
i have the wood trim and it is darker. No issues with it and should look great with the green exterior
Old 12-12-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a Gotland Green with Nougat interior and walnut trim. I think that combo looks pretty nice and am very happy with it. The only caveat with the high gloss 'wood" trims is that they can show fine scratches over time.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I have a Gotland Green with Nougat interior and walnut trim. I think that combo looks pretty nice and am very happy with it. The only caveat with the high gloss 'wood" trims is that they can show fine scratches over time.
Hah! I wonder if that is the one I was trying to buy but my dealer didn't get to it in time.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Hah! I wonder if that is the one I was trying to buy but my dealer didn't get to it in time.

I bought sometime in February or March 2017 IIRC - way out here in NJ.

Quick Reply: Homestretch - almost to allroad