A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Manhattan Grey Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manhattan Grey Question

I'm about to submit an order for 2017 Allroad and struggling with exterior color choice. I'm partial to manhattan grey but worried that the contrast with the wheel arch cladding is too similar and will look awkward. So wondering if I'm better off with a monsoon grey as a result.

It seems a lot of manhattan greys have the full paint option. Does anyone have a good pic of a manhattan grey without full paint? Or has anyone seen one without full paint that can confirm or deny my concern?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

My experience with limited sightings of new allroads is that the darker the paint, the less annoying the fender flares are. They actually don't even look bad with RED paint!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had posted a photo of my Manhattan grey:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24893249

I actually like the cladding. Although it also looks really nice in monsoon.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by formulacarl
I had posted a photo of my Manhattan grey:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24893249

I actually like the cladding. Although it also looks really nice in monsoon.
Thanks. The metallic grey is such a beguiling color; It looks different to me every time I see it. I think that's why I'm partial to it.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhillyAllroad
I'm about to submit an order for 2017 Allroad and struggling with exterior color choice. I'm partial to manhattan grey but worried that the contrast with the wheel arch cladding is too similar and will look awkward. So wondering if I'm better off with a monsoon grey as a result.

It seems a lot of manhattan greys have the full paint option. Does anyone have a good pic of a manhattan grey without full paint? Or has anyone seen one without full paint that can confirm or deny my concern?

Thanks!
I ordered a manhattan gray as it was the closest in color to the cladding that it would be least noticeable. I ended up changing my order to include the full paint because I knew I would be kicking myself every time I looked at those things. I'm glad I did. I'd say monsoon gray will clearly have more contrast and make the wheel arches more noticeable. I just think the cladding reminds me of a Subaru outback (so does the gotland green color, but that's another story)

When I was deciding on a color, I was almost set on the moonlight blue, but wanted to see the manhattan and monsoon in person. I made my decision almost immediately when I saw the manhattan in person. It looks very classy and understated.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blorzoga
I ordered a manhattan gray as it was the closest in color to the cladding that it would be least noticeable. I ended up changing my order to include the full paint because I knew I would be kicking myself every time I looked at those things. I'm glad I did. I'd say monsoon gray will clearly have more contrast and make the wheel arches more noticeable. I just think the cladding reminds me of a Subaru outback (so does the gotland green color, but that's another story)
I agree completely, and ended up ordering Manhattan gray with full body paint.

My 2013 Allroad was Monsoon gray with unpainted cladding. I like the more Avant look of the Manhattan/full paint, but I must admit that the Monsoon gray did not show the road dirt as much as the Manhattan does (particularly this messy winter season in the Pacific Northwest).
Old 03-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lifjoy
I agree completely, and ended up ordering Manhattan gray with full body paint.

My 2013 Allroad was Monsoon gray with unpainted cladding. I like the more Avant look of the Manhattan/full paint, but I must admit that the Monsoon gray did not show the road dirt as much as the Manhattan does (particularly this messy winter season in the Pacific Northwest).
Interesting.

All this has me leaning towards a Manhattan Grey and spring for full paint.

Now have to decide between rock grey and aluminum or nougat brown with oak grey.

I really like the contempory "cleanliness" of this interior. I think it works with the Manhattan.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, I meant to include "thanks for the feedback from everybody". (I can't edit my replies yet).
Old 03-10-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting.

Now have to decide between rock grey and aluminum or nougat brown with oak grey.

I really like the contempory "cleanliness" of this interior. I think it works with the Manhattan.
I went with the gray oak inlays and the gray/gray interior. Prestige/warm/cold
Old 03-10-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Interesting.

I have an Allroad on order with an April build date and I struggled with interior as well. It was exactly between your two options and in the end I went with as you called it contemporary "cleanliness". There was something refreshing about the Rock gray interior with aluminum trim! I also think if you opt for the sport seats that the black carpeting and headliner will give some nice contrast. I did a little different than you on the exterior and went with Gotland Green. It was between that and Monsoon Gray but after seeing Gotland Green in person I was sold. I think with Manhattan either interior will look nice but of course my nod goes to Rock Gray and aluminum!

Quick Reply: Manhattan Grey Question