A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Manhattan Grey Question

Old 03-10-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Firstly, it seems to me that the color of the cladding has changed a bit for the B9. I struggled with the same dilemma, and went with Monsoon Gray because I was concerned about how dirty a darker color gets. My AR should be in any day now- actually it was due in two days ago- but that's another story.

I finally got to see a B9 AR in Monsoon Gray at my dealer the other day, and it looked great. I was so relieved.

I actually like the cladding on the medium colors (not a fan with the brighter silvers or whites though).

I went for the sophistication of textural contrast with the interior- black leather with inlay gray oak, sports seats with gray headliner (because they are part of the warm weather package). I think that the gray oak works very nicely with the straight grain texture of the horizontal surface on the console, making it seem wider and more "of the same form", rather than the curvy contrasting stripe that you get with aluminum or walnut.

Also,since I have light colored eyes, I don't like reflective light colors inside the car on sunny days.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Firstly, it seems to me that the color of the cladding has changed a bit for the B9. I struggled with the same dilemma, and went with Monsoon Gray because I was concerned about how dirty a darker color gets. My AR should be in any day now- actually it was due in two days ago- but that's another story.

I finally got to see a B9 AR in Monsoon Gray at my dealer the other day, and it looked great. I was so relieved.

I actually like the cladding on the medium colors (not a fan with the brighter silvers or whites though).

I went for the sophistication of textural contrast with the interior- black leather with inlay gray oak, sports seats with gray headliner (because they are part of the warm weather package). I think that the gray oak works very nicely with the straight grain texture of the horizontal surface on the console, making it seem wider and more "of the same form", rather than the curvy contrasting stripe that you get with aluminum or walnut.

Also,since I have light colored eyes, I don't like reflective light colors inside the car on sunny days.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyAllroad
I'm about to submit an order for 2017 Allroad and struggling with exterior color choice. I'm partial to manhattan grey but worried that the contrast with the wheel arch cladding is too similar and will look awkward. So wondering if I'm better off with a monsoon grey as a result.

It seems a lot of manhattan greys have the full paint option. Does anyone have a good pic of a manhattan grey without full paint? Or has anyone seen one without full paint that can confirm or deny my concern?

Thanks!
The dealer in Willow Grove has a manhattan gray without full paint if you want to see how it looks in person.

I have the full paint manhattan gray, nice shades of blue come off it at certain times of the day.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agonised over all the exact same issues, made harder by the fact that the only in-dealer example in South Florida was black, which I didn't want. After looking at a ton of online photos and videos I ended up landing on white without the full paint. Two days later I saw one just like I ordered in the street and immediately emailed my dealer to change to full paint. As someone else said, it looks kind of Subaru-ish, and to me the full paint looks a bit classier.

For the interior it was a bit easier, since my local dealer has a ton of A4s in stock, which have the same interior options as the Allroad. They were good about bringing them down and parking them outside in natural light, too. I ended up narrowing down to grey/grey and grey/black, and settled on the latter with grey oak (the last car they showed me had exactly this combo, and it looked really good). So my advice is ask your dealer to dig around for any interior examples that you want to see in person. Same goes for the colour, to an extent; it's not as good as seeing it on an Allroad, but it at least gets you an idea of what the colour looks like under natural lighting (i.e. not on a computer monitor!).

I'm doing European delivery, so it's a bit of a slow process, but hopefully all the sweeter for it.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm about to submit an order for 2017 Allroad and struggling with exterior color choice. I'm partial to manhattan grey but worried that the contrast with the wheel arch cladding is too similar and will look awkward. So wondering if I'm better off with a monsoon grey as a result.

It seems a lot of manhattan greys have the full paint option. Does anyone have a good pic of a manhattan grey without full paint? Or has anyone seen one without full paint that can confirm or deny my concern?

Thanks!
Don't know where in Philly you are, but Audi Wynnewood has a Monsoon Grey on on the lot right now.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate everyone's input.

Placed the order today for:

Manhattan Grey / Nougat Brown / Grey Oak
Prestige
Sport Seats
Cold Weather

I did not go for the full paint, decided I was comfortable with look of cladding against the manhattan.

Dealer says 12 weeks but something tells me it will be longer.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I took this pic of Manhattan Gray with full paint a while back at Open Road Audi......in Manhattan actually.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Appreciate everyone's input.

Placed the order today for:

Manhattan Grey / Nougat Brown / Grey Oak
Prestige
Sport Seats
Cold Weather

I did not go for the full paint, decided I was comfortable with look of cladding against the manhattan.

Dealer says 12 weeks but something tells me it will be longer.
Which dealer did you use? I ordered 2 months ago (Audi Devon) and, supposedly, the order was just sent to the factory, I'll believe it when I see an update. I think it's safe to say, 12 weeks is unrealistic. It all depends on how many "allocations" you dealer gets. Ask for your COMM# and there are a couple users on this forum that have the ability to look up your status.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered at Audi Wynnewood.

I'll be psyched if it just comes before 4th of July.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered mine last week with Monsoon Gray full paint over Rock Gray. Checked the website today and discovered that Monsoon Gray has been yanked from the full paint color options....so Manhattan Gray it is. Went with a P+, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Tech Package, Natural Gray Oak inserts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Manhattan Grey Question