A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

My Florett Silver Family Wagon.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resnone1
Correct. It's a custom designed air suspension utilizing OEM (electronically dampened) shock/struts, and a fully hidden install to retain full cargo area usage and spare tire (see pics below). System is AccuAir Elevel with 4 ride height settings: 1)stock 2)city cruise 3)highway cruise and 4)aired out. It's on the 4th setting in the pics above with the bags completely deflated. It makes for fun photos and and to get my wife to roll her eyes, but the car is not drivable in this setting (the car pops up to stock with the push of a button and I have 2 low/extra low settings in between).
Just out of curiosity, how are the controls for the AccuAir system integrated in the interior?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by resnone1
Correct. It's a custom designed air suspension utilizing OEM (electronically dampened) shock/struts, and a fully hidden install to retain full cargo area usage and spare tire (see pics below). System is AccuAir Elevel with 4 ride height settings: 1)stock 2)city cruise 3)highway cruise and 4)aired out. It's on the 4th setting in the pics above with the bags completely deflated. It makes for fun photos and and to get my wife to roll her eyes, but the car is not drivable in this setting (the car pops up to stock with the push of a button and I have 2 low/extra low settings in between).

I also colored matched the bumper markers and went with gloss black mirror housings. It's APR stage 1 flashed and I have BC Forged 3-piece wheels and OEM S4 brakes getting installed in a few weeks
Incredible.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy **** man, that tank/compressor setup is legit. That fully hidden setup, man I can't get over that.

Is that a 10 gallon tank?

Also, do you think those stock shocks and struts will actually hold up for long? How do those ride at such low heights?

I will probably eventually go air on my allroad, but I think it'll end up being a full setup by AirLift Performance. Any drilling in the rears for access to ports to the bags? I don't even have my allroad now, but I did have to drill holes for my A7's rears.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

You mentioned that AirLift Performance is in Lancing. Could you share how long the work takes for the install and how much the whole package costs?

MTIA
Old 04-26-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
You mentioned that AirLift Performance is in Lancing. Could you share how long the work takes for the install and how much the whole package costs?

MTIA
Oh they won't do any install for you, but I just have met a few of them and they did do a prototype kit on my A7, and I had a Jetta Sportwagen on air before that that made it into one of their videos at one point.

It's usually around $3,000-4,0000 for struts/shocks/bags, tank, compressor, wiring, management.

I've done an install myself in less than 2 days, with no access to lifts and what not (running air lines under the car on jack stands is a PIA). Then finding somewhere to get switched hot power and what not can be a little tedious if you don't have a wiring diagram.

There is currently no kit available for the B9's so you'd have to wait until something was available or do a custom setup like what was done here.

Last edited by meijerbrantm; 04-26-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Whoa
Old 04-27-2017, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Impressive. I may not agree with the "look" but I am on board with all of the components and the work it took to get here. S4 brakes are next for me, too. Haven't had time to install the kit yet but I hope they look good behind the HREs. The stock calipers on these cars are really nice but could use some color.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Impressive. I may not agree with the "look" but I am on board with all of the components and the work it took to get here. S4 brakes are next for me, too. Haven't had time to install the kit yet but I hope they look good behind the HREs. The stock calipers on these cars are really nice but could use some color.
Do you find the standard brakes lacking?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OUTSTANDING!!!!

What are the specs of those wheels?

I cannot wait for mine to show up!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Do you find the standard brakes lacking?
Not at all. I just wanted red calipers and prefer to keep from painting. I'm trying to build this thing into "allroad sport" vs just allroad.

Quick Reply: My Florett Silver Family Wagon.