A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

my new baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread started two days before we picked up our Manhattan gray. Seeing photos of this car in monsoon gray made me have second thoughts, but I just had to remind myself that I really liked the Manhattan gray in person. I don't think that it photographs as well as the monsoon gray. With the Manhattan, there's less contrast with the cladding and there's also not a lot of metallic glitter in the paint (the flecks are very small) which makes it feel a bit more reserved. Both of the grays look pretty awesome and I actually had a preference for the Monsoon until seeing the Manhattan in person. Since it was the only one available without a wait, it's not like we had a real choice.
Attached Thumbnails my new baby-img_7632.jpg  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

It looks great in Manhattan Gray as well. I'm not that fond of the A4 sedan in that color, but I like it on the Allroad. Great choice!
Old 12-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
It looks great in Manhattan Gray as well. I'm not that fond of the A4 sedan in that color, but I like it on the Allroad. Great choice!
Thanks, dseag. We were in a bit of a hurry to get it and there were only three cars available in our area, so I'm glad it worked out. We've been driving it in winter conditions and it's hiding dirt surprisingly well.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The kind of dirt that I was concerned about was the white residue of the road salts, which are applied too liberally on our New York roadways all winter.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Manhattan gray (full paint) black interior just arrived! I pick her up tomorrow. Here are some early pix, guys...

Old 12-21-2016, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hopefully picking my Manhattan soon! Car is at the port that my dealer is swapping so hopefully they can deviate and ship direct to CT instead of NJ. I wanted Monsoon at first but this was my closest option. After seeing these pictures I think I'm liking Manhattan better anyway. I can't believe how many dealer ordered cars have the Walnut trim in them. It was the only option I could not live with. This one is perfect for me as it has full black interior with sport package and aluminum trim! No full paint which is fine. Can't wait to pick her up!
Old 12-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, that looks awesome! Congratulations

Love the full paint
Old 12-21-2016, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Wow. The allroad looks naicceee. I love it. Perfect for people like me who don't like suvs but might need the space. Now if it came with a 3.0t. Would've been perfect.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Wow. The allroad looks naicceee. I love it. Perfect for people like me who don't like suvs but might need the space. Now if it came with a 3.0t. Would've been perfect.
I agree a 3.0t in the Allroad would be nice - But it ain't gonna happen. The updated 2.0t should do nicely in the wagon. I'm just glad Audi decided to continue the Allroad in North America. Hopefully the volume increases for them.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congrats...

I recently spoke with the folks at Eurocode and some gentle mods are on the way… I love the Allroad and would just tweak the exhaust, brakes and handling just a bit… I am dying for an Avant.

Quick Reply: my new baby