A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Need a favor

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need a favor

Brought our AR in for the 10K mile service today and asked that they install a front license plate holder as well as mud flaps. Florida is not a two-plate state but we display a front plate in support of a charity we work with. My dealership was unable to come up with a part number for a plate holder that would fit. They said if they could get a VIN for a car that came with a front plate then they could figure out the part number. So, does anyone know the part number or will you share you VIN so I can try to solve this problem.

As well, they have not been able to come up with a mud flap that they think will fit. If anyone has a line on that it would be a big help.

Thanks in advance....
Old 07-07-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

You might be better off fabricating your own front license bracket. The Audi part costs over $300. Sorry, I don't have the part number.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-gmg-moto...002s-aua4~gmg/

Just an option... mounts to the front via the tow hook
Old 07-07-2017, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Just grab a VIN off of any Allroad from a dealer's website located in a 2 plate state.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Just grab a VIN off of any Allroad from a dealer's website located in a 2 plate state.
Well DUH . That was just what I needed. Thanks for the siggestion.

I checked out the tow hook holder but it won't work with cars with Driver Assist
Old 07-08-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnclePK
Brought our AR in for the 10K mile service today and asked that they install a front license plate holder as well as mud flaps. Florida is not a two-plate state but we display a front plate in support of a charity we work with. My dealership was unable to come up with a part number for a plate holder that would fit. They said if they could get a VIN for a car that came with a front plate then they could figure out the part number. So, does anyone know the part number or will you share you VIN so I can try to solve this problem.

As well, they have not been able to come up with a mud flap that they think will fit. If anyone has a line on that it would be a big help.

Thanks in advance....
This isn't helpful in terms of your specific question, but.... if you can find another dealer, go for it - this one seems lazy and/or stupid.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree that you should find another dealer.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UnclePK

Thanks in advance....
Apparently it's not as easy as it seems. To do it the right way, you need to buy a new grill for your car. The front plate cars have support and cutouts for the front plate bracket that the non front plate cars to not have.

Am I correct in thinking your grill is all smooth with no rectangles under the rings?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Noggybowl
Apparently it's not as easy as it seems. To do it the right way, you need to buy a new grill for your car. The front plate cars have support and cutouts for the front plate bracket that the non front plate cars to not have.

Am I correct in thinking your grill is all smooth with no rectangles under the rings?
He would just need to remove the 2 filler plates his car has.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
He would just need to remove the 2 filler plates his car has.
My point being, I'm not sure he has the 2 filler plates.

I remember when I ordered my car I toyed with ordering without the front plate. My salesman made a point that some of the cars they get allocated or dealer traded don't have front plates. He seemed to think it was pretty expensive and labor intensive to retrofit them properly.

Last edited by Noggybowl; 07-13-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Need a favor