A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

OEM hitch options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also sent feedback via the Audi NA Website imploring them to make a hitch solution available. Like they care what I think.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, after a short email exchange with the sales guy at invisihitch.com, they said they usually work with dealers since they need a car on several separate occasions (I assume to measure, fabricate, install and troubleshoot).

They are located in Georgia if there are any B9 allroad owners nearby that might be willing to be a guinea pig!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Oem hitch

Hello all, new to forum here. Just wanted to note, I too have been in touch with the folks at Invisihitch. A receiver hitch is a must have for me for the above reasons.
I ordered a new Allroad (Prestige) over 1 month ago and still, sadly do not have a build date, but expecting delivery by the end of May-beginning of June. Delivery in Marietta GA (just down the road). The last I spoke with Invisihitch, no B9 was available for their use. They are very open to my offer to loan my vehicle for the fab. and engineering if no other becomes available. I will post when I have more details.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for this post and for your willingness to help with the hitch design. Sounds like we'll all benefit. I am also new to Audi and also waiting for my allroad to be delivered.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be awesome, Diesel320. My Allroad's on a boat to the US right now so (I guess?) I'll have it soon. The Invisihitch looks like the best option so thanks for looking into it.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Diesel320
Hello all, new to forum here. Just wanted to note, I too have been in touch with the folks at Invisihitch. A receiver hitch is a must have for me for the above reasons.
I ordered a new Allroad (Prestige) over 1 month ago and still, sadly do not have a build date, but expecting delivery by the end of May-beginning of June. Delivery in Marietta GA (just down the road). The last I spoke with Invisihitch, no B9 was available for their use. They are very open to my offer to loan my vehicle for the fab. and engineering if no other becomes available. I will post when I have more details.
My thanks as well, Diesel320! I'll probably contact them tomorrow to let them know there's another potential customer here. Although I've had my AR for a couple of months, I'm in CA so can't be of much more practical help.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know if the wiring is installed for trailer towing on our 2017 allroads. Mine is still in transit. Thanks
Old 04-27-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait for the the cool hitch options being discussed to become available, so just had a Curt 11448 hitch (wiring package 56236) installed. Presently Curt only lists this as for the 20117 A4 and not specifically for the Allroad (and as an Audi newbie that was a bit of a concern). Here's what it looks like:

Old 05-01-2017, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=MadAlhazred;24959089]Unfortunately, I couldn't wait for the the cool hitch options being discussed to become available, so just had a Curt 11448 hitch (wiring package 56236) installed. Presently Curt only lists this as for the 20117 A4 and not specifically for the Allroad (and as an Audi newbie that was a bit of a concern). Here's what it looks like:

One additional detail on this: the hitch does not play well with the driver assist functions and needs to go into the dealer for a re-calibration. This allroad is a prestige with the drivers assist package.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wondered about this. A trailer or even a bike rack will obstruct the sensors for the driver assist functions. Thanks for posting this and please let us know what the dealer is able to do.

Quick Reply: OEM hitch options?