A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Order Allroad 2018 or 2019

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Allroad 2018 or 2019

Hello, I'm new here. I always wanted a wagon and I like the looks of the Allroad.

There are few color combination around me in stock that I would like, but I absolutely don't want the MMI/Navi - I prefer the analog dash and would use the CarPlay over Navi anyway.

I will be most likely ordering 2018 Allroad Premium with no packages. All of the cars in my area are pretty much loaded. Can I still order 2018s? Can anyone share prices paid for Allroad Premium?

I intend to keep the car about 8-10 years. Don't know how reasonable this assumption is, coming from Acura TL that never had an issue in 12 years.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know you said you didn't want packages, but I recommend you look again at the Driver Assistance Package. Adaptive Cruise Control alone is an important safety feature (keeps you from getting too close, dramatically reduces driver fatigue, esp on long trips), but the Blind Spot Monitoring and Lane Assist are also valuable from a safety point of view. Unfortunately, with the 2018s, you have to go for the Prestige Package to get DAP, so it means $ $ $ , but I think you at least should consider as an investment in safety.

Not sure you can order a 2018 any more anyway, if so, options may be limited and time is probably running short. Perhaps the DAP will come with Prem or Prem+ in 2019? I haven't seen the 2019 build guide yet...

No matter what you get, the Allroad is a great car. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Orders for 18's are still being taken, and will remain so for the next couple of months. The only cars you can order now through then will be cars with Navigation. They are not making non Nav cars for the remainder of the 2018 run. No word yet nor eta on 2019's and what those configurations will be

DAP will only ever be on a Prestige in an Allroad and those come with Virtual Cockpit and Nav only
Old 06-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Orders for 18's are still being taken, and will remain so for the next couple of months. The only cars you can order now through then will be cars with Navigation. They are not making non Nav cars for the remainder of the 2018 run. No word yet nor eta on 2019's and what those configurations will be

DAP will only ever be on a Prestige in an Allroad and those come with Virtual Cockpit and Nav only
My VWGOA rep said MY18 orders have now been closed.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK thanks everyone. I'll try to score a deal on a 2018 Premium Plus that's in stock.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am very confident that DAP will be standard on all cars eventually--the features are too important. Right now, they are filtering down to VWs, and offered as options on configurations such as the low end S model of the 2018 Tiguan. So, DAP will get to Premium and Premium Plus Audis. It is just a matter of time.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I’m with you on the analog gauges and no nav. I have a premium plus without the virtual cockpit/nav and it was not impossible to find, it just seemed like maybe 1 out of 5 are ordered that way by dealers. They also seem to only order black on black cars, which is obnoxious, but if you try hard enough you’re likely to find something close to what you want. I have a scuba blue allroad with rock gray interior. It’s the only one I’ve seen from the b9 generation in the Denver area. I bought it sight unseen just because I knew which colors I like in the audi lineup.

The blind spot spot monitoring, parking sensors, and the auto emergency braking are all great features that come on the p+ trim. In ten years time every car will have these things, so it’s a good idea to future proof your car if you plan on keeping it for a long time. It’ll pay off when you trade it in too.

good luck!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by MDAudi
I am very confident that DAP will be standard on all cars eventually--the features are too important. Right now, they are filtering down to VWs, and offered as options on configurations such as the low end S model of the 2018 Tiguan. So, DAP will get to Premium and Premium Plus Audis. It is just a matter of time.
I am sure eventually it may, but it is a long way off at this point, I can assure you that
Old 06-26-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am sure eventually it may, but it is a long way off at this point, I can assure you that
This wouldn't surprise me in the least. When I was last on the market in early 2014, the 2014 Volkswagen Golf still didn't have automatic headlights or rain-sensing wipers as available options (in Canada, at least). Both features were standard on my then-current 2007 Mazda3, and had been since the model launched in 2004.

I believe that the MkVII Golf gained both options later that year, but the Germans sure seem to take their sweet time offering functionality on anything below their flagship models.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to revisit this issue, I want to point out that now, just 18 months later, they are offering DAP as an option on 2020 A4 Allroad and A5 Coupe Premium Plus models. And I see it available as an option on other Premium Plus Audis. As I said before, the Driver Assistance features are way too important to have exclusively on the Prestige trim lines, and it is clear Audi and VAG agree.

Last edited by MDAudi; 01-12-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Order Allroad 2018 or 2019