A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Potential Allroad Shopper

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Noggybowl
It is indeed the sub woofer enclosure.
Yep! I was sent an ad man's dream of a depiction.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I found a dealer last weekend that had a prestige allroad that was around 50 miles from me. I test drove it. I liked it a lot, very minimal turbo lag that I noticed- and that is with me being hypersensitive to it as that was one of my concerns. I've got 3 kids, one in a car seat, one in a booster, and one just out of a booster. While all of them fit in that back of the allroad, it's a pretty tight fit. The backseat in the Q5 I currently own, is probably around 3 to 4 inches (just guessing) wider than the allroad's backseat. I'm trying to rationalize how many times I end up with all 3, as our other car is a Honda Odyssey, so for any long trips we could drive that. The bottom line is that I do end up with all 3 at least a few times per week or more, although never more than a 10 to 15 mile radius from the house.

We went to our local dealership this morning to test drive a new Q5 and Q7. While the Q5 didn't blow me away, it seems to have improved in some areas, although cheaper materials in others. I would probably consider it in the short term, but I would want the DAP which no one seems to have a straight answer.

The Q7 is nice...the outside has grown on me over the last year. The inside is very nice. Not sure that I would want to go that much money at this time.

Decisions.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cge333
I appreciate everyone's feedback. I found a dealer last weekend that had a prestige allroad that was around 50 miles from me. I test drove it. I liked it a lot, very minimal turbo lag that I noticed- and that is with me being hypersensitive to it as that was one of my concerns. I've got 3 kids, one in a car seat, one in a booster, and one just out of a booster. While all of them fit in that back of the allroad, it's a pretty tight fit. The backseat in the Q5 I currently own, is probably around 3 to 4 inches (just guessing) wider than the allroad's backseat. I'm trying to rationalize how many times I end up with all 3, as our other car is a Honda Odyssey, so for any long trips we could drive that. The bottom line is that I do end up with all 3 at least a few times per week or more, although never more than a 10 to 15 mile radius from the house.

We went to our local dealership this morning to test drive a new Q5 and Q7. While the Q5 didn't blow me away, it seems to have improved in some areas, although cheaper materials in others. I would probably consider it in the short term, but I would want the DAP which no one seems to have a straight answer.

The Q7 is nice...the outside has grown on me over the last year. The inside is very nice. Not sure that I would want to go that much money at this time.

Decisions.
I'm betting the Allroad would be more fun to drive and handle better. From what understand, the DAP on the Q5 won't be available until August or so.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have three kids. 2 in booster, 1 in car seat.

Our other car is an Odyssey.

I did not want another big car. I considered the Q5 but Allroad just seemed way cooler/fun/unique.

On the very rare occasion when I have all three kids, I'll figure it out. In a couple years I'll be down to just one booster anyway as the other two will have grown out.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Decisions.
Personally, I think the 2018 Q5 looks terrible. Besides the fact that just about every fifth car I see out on the road is a Q5, almost exclusively driven by women, the new iteration, for lack of a better word, seems more feminine than the previous. They changed the orientation of the grill, the height looks lower, the dash doesn't even get the nice window to window vent found in the a4 or Allroad, it's just a fail, in my book. When I was ordering my Allroad, I thought about waiting for the new Q5 because I knew it would get a technology upgrade and a more efficient engine, but the styling really falls flat. I'm so glad I stuck with the Allroad.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default GETTING MY ALLROAD IN SOON

I was hoping some people on here could help me out. I've currently got a Q5 (2010 3.2) Prestige.

I am starting to think about getting a new car and really like the looks of the allroad. Unfortunately, no one local seems to have any on the lot and every one that is incoming is a sold order. I'd like to get a sense of what the car looks, feels, and drives like before I decide if I want to order one. For those that have driven both, is the ride, feel, handling, etc. very similar to the B9 A4? It appears that the front seat and rear seat dimensions should pretty much be the same as the A4. I'm more interested in how it drives, the turbo lag, etc. I wouldn't be looking to do any aftermarket performance products, so would want to make sure that stock it has enough power, etc.

While I haven't ruled out the new Q5 as I haven't driven it yet, I did look at Premium Plus one at a local dealer and it does seem in at least that model, that audi has gone cheap with some of the materials. Not sure if those are upgraded in the Prestige or not. Plus, the lack of DAP and no info on that would be a concern.

If I got an Allroad, I more than likely would get a Prestige with DAP (or if it was a 2018, I guess the DAP is part of that package).

Thanks in advance.
Not sure where you are. I am in the DC/VA area and estimated date to be at the dealers is at the end of the month (May 29th). Would be happy to show it off