A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Prestige Owners: Bang & Olufsen White LED Strip Modded to Color RGB Module

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Prestige Owners: Bang & Olufsen White LED Strip Modded to Color RGB Module

This is for all the Prestige owners out there who are driven crazy (like myself) by the fact that the Bang & Olufsen LED Strips on the Door Panels DO NOT CHANGE COLOR with the rest of the Color RGB lighting in the interior. Houston, we have a solution. Thanks to a A5 owner there is confirmation that the LED module can be swapped out to a color RGB module with a little door panel pulling and light electric work. I plan on doing this mod without question and thought that there were likely others who could benefit from this discovery as well. Rejoice!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...akers-2923747/
Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hah, I made a post questioning this some time back and then deleted it because I thought I was being OCD... glad to know there are others out there!
Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BSW
Hah, I made a post questioning this some time back and then deleted it because I thought I was being OCD... glad to know there are others out there!
No, I'm totally with you. I drives me CRAZY!!!! It looks so half assed. Such a weird call on Audi's part. I have two modules on order and 100% plan on doing this or having my trusted shop take a look with me.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

RGB Color LED Module Part # 8W8-947-355-B for those interested
Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Should be getting these in the mail soon. Is anyone else interested in this (as in should i try to do a write up once i try and tackle) or does it not bug people like it bugs me?
Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be interested, especially as I just ordered the parts, but it doesn't seem like there are too many others! I was tempted to order an extra to do the ring on the lighter socket as well, but one thing at a time. Still haven't even put my hitch on yet.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like it you and me brother. Personally, I look forward to having everything match and put my interior OCD issues to rest. I already replaced the halogen bulb to LED in the glove compartment too.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I already replaced the halogen bulb to LED in the glove compartment too.
Hey, a quick search gives me nothing on this ^^ I'd also like to throw in an LED. Do you happen to have part number or the thread (if there is one) saved? Thanks
Old 05-26-2018, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be getting these in the mail soon. Is anyone else interested in this (as in should i try to do a write up once i try and tackle) or does it not bug people like it bugs me?
I'd love a write up. I am ordering some and would love some extra guidance/tips. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Initially it bugged me. Like I kept looking for how to adjust those lights in the menu.
But being that every other light in the entire cockpit is white, from the steering wheel, to the HVAC, audio, windows, etc, etc ... I kinda got over it

That being said, if its easy enough, I just may attempt to switch it one day. Hope it works for you.

Quick Reply: Prestige Owners: Bang & Olufsen White LED Strip Modded to Color RGB Module