A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:27 PM
are
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pricing?

The 2017 allroads have started to arrive in Southern California. Saw one today in Gotland Green - I was surprised how much I liked it.

I'm planning to buy pretty quickly and since they're so new, I know discounts are likely to be minimal. What kind of experience have others had so far? I'm looking for a little guidance on what I should expect.

I'm looking at the Premium model, perhaps w/ Convenience Package. Also considering Sport package, but I don't think it adds that much in the Allroad.

I'd consider the Premium Plus for the full LED lights and better sound, but probably not worth it for me.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by are
The 2017 allroads have started to arrive in Southern California. Saw one today in Gotland Green - I was surprised how much I liked it.

I'm planning to buy pretty quickly and since they're so new, I know discounts are likely to be minimal. What kind of experience have others had so far? I'm looking for a little guidance on what I should expect.

I'm looking at the Premium model, perhaps w/ Convenience Package. Also considering Sport package, but I don't think it adds that much in the Allroad.

I'd consider the Premium Plus for the full LED lights and better sound, but probably not worth it for me.

Thanks!
I don't know the market in SOCAL any more (don't miss that traffic), but I wouldn't give up on discounts so easily. I did a bit of driving around and calling a couple of weeks ago and got multiple offers in the 7+ range. When I bough my A8 a number of years ago, I actually bought if from a dealer in NJ who made me an amazing deal and had it delivered.

On the Sport package it's all about the seats and headliner - don't get me started on how we don't get the real Avant int he US. Personally I liked the feel of the sport seats much better than the standard seats, but I've heard others who like the standard better. Get out and try both and see which one you like best. I also preferred the black headliner to the grey one that comes standard with the black interior.

One other suggestion is to make sure you know what Audi took out of the car when they brought it to the US (trailer hitch option, no parking assist, dumbed down preset buttons, etc.). It's still a great car but after reading those European reviews I felt a bit cheated. It would have been even worse if I thought the US cars came with those features when I ordered.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:32 PM
are
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it's a bummer how they de-content cars for the US, but that's the way it is. I really miss manual transmissions.

The Socal dealers must have just gotten a big shipment. The allroads are suddenly at all the dealers here.

If I could get 7% of msrp - which I don't think will happen - I'd just go ahead and get the premium plus, as I plan on keeping the car awhile.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I joined the Audi Club of North American about 7 months ago because membership provides a confirmed price of 6% below MSRP. We don't have much competition where I live, so this might be the best deal I can get.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lifjoy
I joined the Audi Club of North American about 7 months ago because membership provides a confirmed price of 6% below MSRP. We don't have much competition where I live, so this might be the best deal I can get.
Another nice thing about ACNA membership is that many dealers will also give service discounts for members. I get 10% at my usual dealer, and a nearby dealer offers 15%.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:18 PM
are
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks!

I just joined Audi Club of North America. How does one go about getting the membership discount? Just tell the dealer prior to price negotiations? Does anyone remember if it takes awhile for them to process the membership?
Old 10-20-2016, 03:19 PM
are
Audiworld Junior Member

Rats! I just noticed membership for 6 months prior to purchase is required; that's not going to be helpful to me.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by are
Thanks!

I just joined Audi Club of North America. How does one go about getting the membership discount? Just tell the dealer prior to price negotiations? Does anyone remember if it takes awhile for them to process the membership?
As I recall you have to wait for 6 months to get the new car purchase discount (I thought I saw somewhere this was waived if you bought the lifetime membership). Then you can send a request to ACNA for a Signed Eligibility form that you would take to your dealer to request the Audi Affinity Pricing discount.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got near 6% off sticker (within $80). Started about 4.7off and then emailed a few dealers in area and they offered 5% straight away. Then I went back and forth until I got to 6% which is what I was expecting. Probably could have done a bit better but 6 was my expectation so I stopped there.

I can give my endorsement to the sport package. I have the sport seats in my b8 sedan and find them better than the standard. I test drove the standard seats and the warm weather package cooled sport seats and found the sport seats much more comfortable. Of course, that's personal opinion you should be able to find at least a sedan with sport seats to test out before purchasing
Old 10-21-2016, 07:10 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Does anyone know if we can negotiate any better or worse on an special order?

I am an ACNA member and also have tons of flexibility on timing and location (will pick it up anywhere, love my road trips). I'd also like to do euro delivery but it doesn't sound like the deals are any better than normal negotiating and maybe even worse since it seems like a lot of dealers don't want the hassle.

Quick Reply: pricing?