A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

RS4 Avant in the US

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RS4 Avant in the US

It's getting warmer...

Audi of America Wants a Wagon for Aficionados - Fourtitude.com

That would be awesome!
Old 06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Nothing to see. Same ol' tease.

But. Just do it already.

#bringrs4avant2usa
Old 06-15-2017, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not gonna gonna happen. There is not enough demand outside a few forums.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The extra space of an RS6 avant would be handy.....
Old 06-16-2017, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 25PSi
Its not gonna gonna happen. There is not enough demand outside a few forums.

For better or worse, I think you summed it up nicely. We forum enthusiasts are just a tiny part of the customership.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
For better or worse, I think you summed it up nicely. We forum enthusiasts are just a tiny part of the customership.
There is a lot of insinuating and innuendo going on this time around though. Especially given the so called news of eight RS models (did they say "coming to the US)? But I'd suspect we'll see a Q5RS and Q7RS before we see RS4/6 in the USA.

Wasn't there a "sign up list" for the TTRS Mk2? Where shall we get that going for the RS4?
Old 06-17-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There may be a small constituency in favor of the RS4 or RS6 Avants on the forum, but my guess is that many not engaged in this or other forums have expressed their preferences to dealers/sales associates that will certainly be communicated to AoA. Given AoA's push to emphasize performance versions in its dealerships I would be surprised if at least one RS Avant version is not made available here in the next year or so.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Victoryroad
There may be a small constituency in favor of the RS4 or RS6 Avants on the forum, but my guess is that many not engaged in this or other forums have expressed their preferences to dealers/sales associates that will certainly be communicated to AoA. Given AoA's push to emphasize performance versions in its dealerships I would be surprised if at least one RS Avant version is not made available here in the next year or so.
This is where I would simply say literally "your guess is as good as mine." Time will prove one of us right. But I think that if Audi was interested in increasing the wagon sales hers - they would start with increasing production capacity for the "basic" Allroad (2017 2.0) before adding a high performance R level Avant which would have an even smaller - though very hardcore, number of customers.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Victoryroad
unfortunately, in my experience, Audi salespeople and Audi USA aren't interested in customers opinions about what models they'd like to buy. I've been into 5 different dealerships in the last couple of months and expressed interest in 'hot' avants. Response has varied from "what's an avant?" to "I could tell my sales manager, but he's only really interested in moving the stock we have here".
My enquiries with AoA were met with about as much interest/enthusiasm, although at least their people are trained enough to say the right things about "passing it up the chain" etc etc.
I'm always left with the impression that they don't really want to listen.

I really hope I'm wrong and some hotter Avants make it over here. I read about an RS6 Allroad for the Chinese market. I'll take one of those in Daytona Gray please :-)
Being from the U.K. I was really surprised there wasn't the same range offered in a market the size of the U.S.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Product Planning

Like all the other car companies Audi does enough analysis, research and modeling to know that the demand is simply not big enough to justify the expense of testing and approval to bring in vehicles like Avants or additional high performance variants. Better to take the volume in additional Q5's/SQ5's and even RSQ5's where they know the demand exists and consumers will pay a premium for them.

Quick Reply: RS4 Avant in the US