A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

RS4 Grill on the Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RS4 Grill on the Allroad

Anyone try, hear of someone trying, going to try, planning on trying......I have not seen confirmation either way as of yet anywhere. Many companies who are making have not had an Allroad to test one on that I’ve seen as well.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Spoke with LLTek today about the RS4 style grills they’ve developed for the B9 A4 platform and they have not yet test fit an Allroad. Historically the Allroad grill has been different than the standard A4 and S4 grill in size (for some unbeknownst Audi reasoning) so swapping them out is not a simple process or even possible on former models like the B8/8.5.
That being said, what we need are measurements to provide LLTek and others to see if there are any obvious size differences straight away.
Seeing as I don’t yet have my Allroad because it’s still waiting in line to be built, I wanted to see if anyone else out there was into the idea of gathering the measurements for their Allroad grill so we can provide some info to go off of.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on this? My new allroad is going to come with a front plate, so I'll be replacing the grill I suppose. I'm intrigued by the RS4 option vs. the clean allroad grill
Old 11-01-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Spoke with LLTek today about the RS4 style grills they’ve developed for the B9 A4 platform and they have not yet test fit an Allroad. Historically the Allroad grill has been different than the standard A4 and S4 grill in size (for some unbeknownst Audi reasoning) so swapping them out is not a simple process or even possible on former models like the B8/8.5.
That being said, what we need are measurements to provide LLTek and others to see if there are any obvious size differences straight away.
Seeing as I don’t yet have my Allroad because it’s still waiting in line to be built, I wanted to see if anyone else out there was into the idea of gathering the measurements for their Allroad grill so we can provide some info to go off of.
I'll have mine today and will measure. I think they might actually be the same size as the A4 this time (seems like this would make Audi's production life a little easier).
Old 11-01-2017, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

From what I understand the Allroad Grill is confirmed to be different. I do know there is a RS4 grill for the Allroad specifically in development but still in early stage.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Arrrghhhhh......ok. I'll post measurements later today. If they're different, it will be by a very minor margin, which makes even less sense. At least on the B8 and B8.5, they were nowhere near the same.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
From what I understand the Allroad Grill is confirmed to be different. I do know there is a RS4 grill for the Allroad specifically in development but still in early stage.
Excellent. Any ideas on timing? Black optic? Silver?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CKS$
Excellent. Any ideas on timing? Black optic? Silver?
From what I’ve been told they’re working through the bumper supports at the moment and are going to get back to the development after they wrap up at SEMA.

Not clear on if if they will offer options but likely. I will keep this thread updated with more info as I receive.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

No offense to Allroads... But i am beginning to accept the fate that an A4 Avant of any flavor will never come into the US of A again. The "full paint finish" on the Allroad gets 95% to the desired effect... But, as I contemplate replacing my Avant, I was surprised (and yet not surprised) to not see BlackOptic on the configurator (not even in UK/Germany). Are there hints that BO will be coming soon? I see that in Germany you can either select black trim and black body panels OR full paint and only the Alu packet... But, the grill is always silver.. Aghhhh.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 11-01-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
No offense to Allroads... But i am beginning to accept the fate that an A4 Avant of any flavor will never come into the US of A again. The "full paint finish" on the Allroad gets 95% to the desired effect... But, as I contemplate replacing my Avant, I was surprised (and yet not surprised) to not see BlackOptic on the configurator (not even in UK/Germany). Are there hints that BO will be coming soon? I see that in Germany you can either select black trim and black body panels OR full paint and only the Alu packet... But, the grill is always silver.. Aghhhh.
The likely answer is no. Any now or future Audi long roof options will likely be very limited in configuration options. But to be honest that’s where the fun of moding comes in. Personally i’m Excited to modify my Allroad that’s on order once I get my hands on it. First thing that will be done is to wrap most if not all chrome detailing black and continue from there. Did the same tho g with my current VW TDI Sportwagen. That being said, if Audi offered my a Black Optics package I would certainly have ordered it and use the time I will spend wrapping everything black doing some other modification.

Quick Reply: RS4 Grill on the Allroad