A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noggybowl
Noggybowl, Can you please help with 2 things?
1. I ordered the TAG painted reflector replacements. What do I need to take off in order to access the inside of the reflectors to pop them out? Once the old reflectors are out, the install of the new replacements looks super simple
2. What's your Ground to Fender measurement, for both front and rear?

Thanks!

Last edited by CKS$; 12-04-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Picked her up last Friday with 5 miles on her. Broke the record at Audi Wilmington for lowest mileage on a sale to date.
2018 Prestige - Nimbus Grey Pearl. The Pearl paint really catches the light differently in different situations. Pix don't even do this color justice.
Build thread to follow....

Old 01-04-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome color. And you got her just in time for Storm Grayson (my last name, actually).
Old 01-05-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice - the color looks awesome. I know you've been waiting a while for this, must be nice to have it finally.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:50 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Picked her up last Friday with 5 miles on her. Broke the record at Audi Wilmington for lowest mileage on a sale to date.
2018 Prestige - Nimbus Grey Pearl. The Pearl paint really catches the light differently in different situations. Pix don't even do this color justice.
Build thread to follow....

Nice color, in this pic the color in the sun almost reminds me of Nardo
Old 01-05-2018, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup. It’s a bit darker than Nardo but looks similar, especially in direct sunlight. The darker images are on an overcast day. Will get some proper pix with the Canon soon before the modding begins.
Originally Posted by JT4
Nice color, in this pic the color in the sun almost reminds me of Nardo
Old 01-05-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Absolutely gorgeous. Now I'm mad I didn't get that color. Congrats!!!
Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CKS$
Noggybowl, Can you please help with 2 things?
1. I ordered the TAG painted reflector replacements. What do I need to take off in order to access the inside of the reflectors to pop them out? Once the old reflectors are out, the install of the new replacements looks super simple
2. What's your Ground to Fender measurement, for both front and rear?

Thanks!
For the reflectors, I popped the lower grill surrounds out and gently used a hook tool to release them. It's not super easy with Adaptive Cruise, but can be done. the other way would be to loosen the fender liner and go in that way.

Fender is Front, 68.2mm (27 3/4") and Rear 27.4mm (26.5") With my winter tires on.

I actually prefer to use center of hub to fender measurement because it takes the wheel size, tire type and inflation out of the calculation.
Front - 36mm
Rear - 34.7mm
Old 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Noggybowl
For the reflectors, I popped the lower grill surrounds out and gently used a hook tool to release them. It's not super easy with Adaptive Cruise, but can be done. the other way would be to loosen the fender liner and go in that way.

Fender is Front, 68.2mm (27 3/4") and Rear 27.4mm (26.5") With my winter tires on.

I actually prefer to use center of hub to fender measurement because it takes the wheel size, tire type and inflation out of the calculation.
Front - 36mm
Rear - 34.7mm
Thanks for the info. I was able to access them through the fender liners: turn the wheels all the way in, remove 4 Torx each side. Driver’s side was easy. Passenger’s required some forearm/wrist/hand yoga. Thankfully TAG shipped them with backing that showed me exactly what to expect.

Now, I’m trying to figure out how large a wheel I can get away with, with a 2”drop using either the Audi sport springs or the 034, without any rubbing. I was hoping to go 10” wide, but after reading your note (thanks BTW), it sounds like that might be too much, unless maybe a smaller tire might not rub.

Last edited by CKS$; 01-05-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:32 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Yup. It’s a bit darker than Nardo but looks similar, especially in direct sunlight. The darker images are on an overcast day. Will get some proper pix with the Canon soon before the modding begins.
It's gorgeous and based on the pic I mentioned above that would be the color I would get an allroad...

Actually back in April I originally pulled into the dealer to look at an allroad that I saw on the lot. It was a special order so already sold, but I was able to sit in it and I loved it. But my wife is more of an SUV person and feel in love with the Q7, and since it would be her vehicle we got the Q7.

Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets and absolutely love the Q7, but there is something about the allroads that still pull me in.... Maybe next time?.

Last edited by JT4; 01-06-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?