A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

WeatherTech floor liners

Old 12-18-2018, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default WeatherTech floor liners

I currently have a set of the Audi OEM all weather floor mats, but any thoughts on these WT Floor Liners, which are mats with higher sides and offer more protection from snow getting on the car's carpet.
https://www.weathertech.com/audi/201...mId=1500557612

Now, the reason I ask is because I bought a set years ago for my wife's Outback and though they accomplish the job, they are made from a very stiff material - more "plastic" than "rubber" and sort taken a different shape on the sides with age.

Anyone using them?
Old 12-18-2018, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I currently have a set of the Audi OEM all weather floor mats, but any thoughts on these WT Floor Liners, which are mats with higher sides and offer more protection from snow getting on the car's carpet.
https://www.weathertech.com/audi/201...mId=1500557612

Now, the reason I ask is because I bought a set years ago for my wife's Outback and though they accomplish the job, they are made from a very stiff material - more "plastic" than "rubber" and sort taken a different shape on the sides with age.

Anyone using them?
Been using them since a 1988 MBZ 300TE wagon, have a new liner in my 2017 Allroad. No problems, love 'em.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:05 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what's wrong with the Audi ones? Why would you possibly buy anything else? they're comfortable, they fit perfectly, they last, etc. As a more technical note, the deeper channels of the audi matts will trap more debris and make it less likely to wander off to your carpet and it's not like they have inadequate sides (I've never had so much melted snow in them that they've runneth over despite many Colorado winters with this one and my S4)

In short... the Audi matts are really really good... why switch them out?!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BSW
what's wrong with the Audi ones? Why would you possibly buy anything else? they're comfortable, they fit perfectly, they last, etc. As a more technical note, the deeper channels of the audi matts will trap more debris and make it less likely to wander off to your carpet and it's not like they have inadequate sides (I've never had so much melted snow in them that they've runneth over despite many Colorado winters with this one and my S4)

In short... the Audi matts are really really good... why switch them out?!
I agree that the OEM All weather mats are comfortable and fit well, but they do not provide enough protection (as others have mentioned in my thread in the A4 B9 section) on the sides both around the accelerator pedal and dead pedal. I have gotten snow stains on the carpet in my other Audis using them, hence considering the WT's.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I’ve maybe got more patients regarding the snow/salt stains as I’ve lived in Ontario forever, but a once over each spring with a 50/50 vinegar/hot water mix and pack of clean micro fibre towels has completely eliminated any signs of salt, snow or otherwise from my interior. It leaves a bit of a vinegar scent for a day or two, but the carpets look brand new and I didn’t end up with more floor mats to deal with. If I had a heated garage I’d likely do it a few times each winter just to be thorough.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I appreciate the good advice - as always. But I decided to just use the OEM All Weather mats I have on hand. What I did was vacuum the carpet thoroughly and apply a few coats of Scotch-Gard and just be careful about entering the car when snow is on my shoes. I just could not justify the extra money without trying this approach first. Luckily we have not had much snow so far.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OEM mats in my 2012 Q5 have worn through where my heel hits the mat.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I agree that the OEM All weather mats are comfortable and fit well, but they do not provide enough protection (as others have mentioned in my thread in the A4 B9 section) on the sides both around the accelerator pedal and dead pedal. I have gotten snow stains on the carpet in my other Audis using them, hence considering the WT's.
Plus 1
Old 02-19-2019, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinGary

Plus 1
Even with my recent caveat - used several coats of Scothchgard and will be careful with snow on my shoes, I will evaluate how that works out. I would have gone with WT in a heartbeat if I did not already own the OEM AW mats AND the WT mats on my wife's Outback were so very stiff and thus not conforming to the car floor's contour to my liking.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I tried the Audi OEM winter mats first. They just let melted snow get to the carpet where it just layer there trapped under the rubber.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WeatherTech floor liners