A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Winter wheel/tire recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm in NE NJ, have the Michelin All seasons and will probably be getting a set of winter wheels and tires. Had Blizzak WS 80(?) on other cars, but was considering Michelin Ice this time.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what I put on my allroad - Nokian Hakka R2s I've run this and similar tires for nearly 20 years on a series of Audis. While I'm sure there are other worthy winter tires, the Nokians have never let us down. Rims are 17" Sport Edition P3s in anthracite. Look great with the Manhattan Grey.

New Winter set-up
Old 12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by all4road
Here's what I put on my allroad - Nokian Hakka R2s I've run this and similar tires for nearly 20 years on a series of Audis. While I'm sure there are other worthy winter tires, the Nokians have never let us down. Rims are 17" Sport Edition P3s in anthracite. Look great with the Manhattan Grey.

New Winter set-up
If I were in a part of the USA that experiences a lot of snow or anywhere in Canada, I would look no further than the Nokians. However, in NE/NJ NYC area, I'll get the Blizzaks or Michelin Ice.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

These are the wheels an Audi dealer sold me for my '18 allroad: https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__/1...0601025AD.html
The Audi site says these wheels fit the 2005-2011 A6 and 2007-2009 S6. Can anyone say why they wouldn't fit the new allroad? The bolt pattern looks the same.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

The bolt pattern is fine - common to most (all?) Audis - whether they'll work on the allroad depends on the offset and clearance. My 8"W summer rims have an offset of 32. The 7.5" winter rims have a 35 offset. Someone with more experience than I can make a better judgement. A post a few weeks ago discusses this a bit.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
I'm in NE NJ, have the Michelin All seasons and will probably be getting a set of winter wheels and tires. Had Blizzak WS 80(?) on other cars, but was considering Michelin Ice this time.
Debating with myself if I really need winter rubber in NJ. Used to change tires in the past but the last 3 years was no winter.
Good all season with AWD think is sufficient. I do change tires on my Golf R but because of the summer tires.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tsetso
Debating with myself if I really need winter rubber in NJ. Used to change tires in the past but the last 3 years was no winter.
Good all season with AWD think is sufficient. I do change tires on my Golf R but because of the summer tires.
I plan to try without winter tires in St. Louis, MO. Ran my Infiniti G35x with all-season tires for several years and never regretted it. I expect Quattro to be even better.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I thinking the same thing - do I really need the snow tires given the good/new all seasons I'm running and the relatively small amount of snow we have had in the last few years in NJ. YET, YET, YET, the amount of snowfall is always a gamble and there is no question, Quattro or not, snows are alway safer in snow and ice than the all seasons.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Yeah, I thinking the same thing - do I really need the snow tires given the good/new all seasons I'm running and the relatively small amount of snow we have had in the last few years in NJ. YET, YET, YET, the amount of snowfall is always a gamble and there is no question, Quattro or not, snows are alway safer in snow and ice than the all seasons.
I feel like you should be fine in NJ unless you use the Allroad for road trips etc. Do you ski for example? I'm always going to want winter tires because i use my vehicles to get into the mountains through the winter and that's a whole different story.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I feel like you should be fine in NJ unless you use the Allroad for road trips etc. Do you ski for example? I'm always going to want winter tires because i use my vehicles to get into the mountains through the winter and that's a whole different story.

Might be a road trip or two, but if you are referring to long trips up snowy, windy country roads, nope. More city and basic highway driving.

Quick Reply: Winter wheel/tire recommendation?