A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Wiper Blades Shuddering

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Blades Shuddering

Ran into a huge rain storming over the weekend and the wiper blades only appeared to be effective when running at high speed with a boat load of water. In light rain and/or lower wiper blade speed, I would experience really bad shuddering of the wiper blades.

I've tried cleaning the windshield with a claybay and standard glass cleaner and that didn't help. Also tried wiping down wiper blades with soapy water and I've stopped using all Rain-X products (as suggested in other threads) and that didn't help also.

For now I ended up replacing the the OEM wiper blades with Bosch ICON OE , but it has not raining again to know if this has will resolve this issue for me.

Not to rehash a widely discussed topic, but I was interested to know of any other B9 allroad owner has experience an issue with wiper blades shuddering?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:41 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a Q7 and have noticed this a few times, and just yesterday it happened again but as usual it only happens on the passenger blade.. After it stopped raining I washed the Q and also cleaned the wiper blades, which I do everytime I wash it so we'll see what happens during the next rain. If this keeps happening I think I am going to switch to the Bosch ICON's also..
Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

So weird, I'm also having this exact issue right now with a relatively new set of blades on my Q5. Thought it was pollen or something collecting/sticking on my blades or some leftover residue from my winter de-icing washer fluid. I'm using the
 OEM Bosch wiper blades that I get off of Amazon OEM Bosch wiper blades that I get off of Amazon
; maybe there was a bad batch of blade rubber/material put into Bosch OEM blades at some point?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q-Branch
So weird, I'm also having this exact issue right now with a relatively new set of blades on my Q5. Thought it was pollen or something collecting/sticking on my blades or some leftover residue from my winter de-icing washer fluid. I'm using the OEM Bosch wiper blades that I get off of Amazon; maybe there was a bad batch of blade rubber/material put into Bosch OEM blades at some point?
Same thing here in my 2 month old S5 SB with OEM blades. Started day 1 and I can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I try. Can anyone recommend a good replacement brand?
Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Everyone seems to really like the Bosch ICON's, so I'll probably pick up a set of those..
Old 07-15-2017, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Clean blades periodically with rubbing alcohol

Don't know about different blades, but have had new Audis and Porsches for years without any problems. I have used Aquapel for many years on windshields with no residue problem, which apparently occurs with Rain-X.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OEM blades have been fine on mine. Have you considered clay baring the glass to smooth out any removable imperfections?
Old 07-16-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the cars used to come with shipping blades on them, during the PDI the real blades would get put on.

Later Audi started putting normal blades on with a spare set in the PDI kit that were supposed to be put on before customer delivery.

I wonder if the customer blades never got put on.

I also believe wipers are covered for 6 months or something for this exact reason. My wipers chatter and they have since mile 1. Glass is clean and no problems.

Instead of buying aftermarket wipers, call your dealer and see if they will cover them.