A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

*Opinion* University Audi in Seattle has a body shop that really sucks! Read on *Opinion*

Old 04-08-2002, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Opinion* University Audi in Seattle has a body shop that really sucks! Read on *Opinion*

*attention - this my experience and it is an opinion*

I wonder how these inept slackers in the body shop at University Audi in Seattle can actually stay in business. Only after four months of waiting were they able to finish replacing my front bumper. Although they have still work to do, I give up. I no longer want them near my car.

If you remember two months ago, they replaced the front bumper with one of the poorest paint jobs I had ever seen by "professionals". The body shop "manager" (I use these terms very loosely) tried to pass it off by explaining that this was normal due to the texture of plastic. I asked them look at the rear bumper as an example of what I expected.

On the second try, some workers ate lunch in my car and stained the seat. No, they didn't place any plastic on the seats. Not only that, they used a screwdriver to pry the plastic grilles off leaving gouges in the surface. What a wonderful way to leave an impression of quality and precision.

Finally after four tries they were able to remove the stain. They did replace the grilles but left deep scratches in the bumper as they dragged the plastic into place. I believe this was intentional.

On top of that, they never offered a loner car or for that matter given one on request. I had to waste many hours of my time going to the dealership and returning, making many phone calls and never having one returned, and having to hand hold these people through this entire process.

For my part I was a complete professional and courteous to everyone. I believe that was they only way they tolerated me to the extent that they did. Basically, they oiled the squeaky wheel. When I paid the bill I gave the managers a short speech on how truly horrible the whole experience was and that no one offered to at least apologize for their actions. There defense was to simply state "Hey we replaced the bumper just like to asked us to and cleaned the seat." I added that this whole experience was due solely on your actions and that an apology was due. They looked me straight in the eye and said nothing. Sometimes silence says more than words.

I have never seen poorer customer service in any business that I have dealt with in my life. If they want to achieve any type of customer loyalty in the car business, they need to fire nearly everyone that worked with me. The icing on the cake is this is the same dealership that sold me two cars in four months. The first one was wrecked, repaired and sold to me as new.

I am truly amazed at what I had experienced at University Audi in Seattle. It alarms me to think of those who have gone before me not knowing anything about a car and to drive off with the type of workmanship that I've seen first hand. Shame on you University Audi in Seattle, shame on you.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:31 AM
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBB gets results

<ul><li><a href="http://www.bbb.org">http://www.bbb.org</a</li></ul>
Old 04-08-2002, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that sounds pretty horrible.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *Opinion* University Audi in Seattle has a body shop that really sucks! Read on *Opinion*

Yeah, I brought my car in to get the rear window replaced after it was broken into and in took over a month for me to get the car back. I still have gotten all the parts for the interior and engine compartment that was missing and it have been over 6 months. Never bring you car in for any work. What sucks even more is that for the warranty you need to have the car serviced there!