A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

-=Attention DC/VA/MD Peeps or anyone close by=-

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -=Attention DC/VA/MD Peeps or anyone close by=-

I'm in the possess of planning a full day ride to go skydiving! That's right try out that Quattro from 5k miles up! 8P j/k But I am trying to get an idea if anyone is up for this. Jump so far is planed to be in May so lots of time to make plans to go. I figure meet up with everyone in the morning for some KK and head out. Have lunch then plunge from above! (not sure if plunge was the best word for that but oh well) This could be a great way to get everyone out for a day of fun even if you don't jump! Anyway drop some feedback if you guys are down. I'll also bring it back up Saturday at the weekly SB run in VA.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2002, 07:35 AM

Hey Cheeky, I'm not sure my student Visa would carry it, what's the cost?
Old 03-21-2002, 08:23 AM

Default I'm still trying to find out about group deals but I'll give you an idea on individual prices..

Here is the post from there site on the 3 packages they offer for individual jumps. Now I know this might be a little much and your saying damn I could get a new mod for these prices but hey its for the fun of it!

Tandem Skydive Course - $220-

Tandem skydives are for first time skydivers to experience the thrill of skydiving easily, requiring only a 45 minute class. A Tandem skydive is from about 10,500+ feet, a bona fide 35 - 40 second freefall skydive, (13,000+ feet, 45 second freefall from our big plane*) with step-by-step instruction, harnessed together with your instructor during every step of the way-- from aircraft exit through freefall, descent, and landing. Together you will fly on a parachute built for two, enjoying an experience you'll always remember. We can even arrange tandem skydive video from aircraft boarding, ride up, freefall & landing with a professional skydiving photographer! What a conversation piece, "Hey gang, come see my latest home movie!" 3-4 Tandem skydives can replace first AFF skydives if learning requirements are met.

Static Line first skydive course - $190-

A static line skydive is when a nylon line from the aircraft assists main parachute opening. Made from 3,500 feet after a 10 - 20 minute airplane ride, depending on exit order, followed by a five minute parachute ride. This course starts at 8:00 A.M. and lasts about 5 hours. Your skydive will be made the same day, weather permitting, usually between 3:00 P.M. and sunset. At least five static lines, for those progressing through this instructional method, must be completed before making that first freefall. Upon purchasing equipment and achieving "A" License, successive skydives average $10 - $20. An alternative after making one or more static lines is a transition to Accelerated Freefall Program (AFF). We take 3 in a plane load, which is nice so friends can jump together. Upon completing this progression, which includes 10 solo freefall skydives, you will be well on your way toward earning your "A" license!

VIDEO of Dives

Tandem and AFF- $70

Repeat videos for those going through their training progression- $45

AFF's and coached jumps for those who want just their freefall videotaped, abbreviated editing, and bring your own VHS tape each time (provided with $70 videos), must be a current student in the program to get this price. This price is subject to availability when we are not otherwise booked up with full price video customers.

STILL PHOTOS
For pictures, add $25 and get digital stills emailed to you or photographic stills or a roll of film given to you that same day. Must get video in order to get photos.

Additional discounts on video and photographs are available for USPA license holders and teams.

--------------------------------------------------

Again I'm still getting info but more people I have going the cheaper it is.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:14 AM

hey, i might be in on it. just as long as the price is right