AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/)
-   -   On the 1.8T, when you loosen/remove the 2 hose clamps, does the PCV valve "slide" right out? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/1-8t-when-you-loosen-remove-2-hose-clamps-does-pcv-valve-%22slide%22-right-out-312655/)

Rocket3004 03-18-2006 01:11 PM

On the 1.8T, when you loosen/remove the 2 hose clamps, does the PCV valve "slide" right out?

Because the hard plastic tube with the crazy bend on it that sits on the one side of the T fitting sure as hell didnt pop right out. I had to wrestle that thing in a space big enough for only someone with tiny hands. I don't want to have to do that again!

Nate (ETKA+Scumbag) 03-18-2006 01:18 PM

Hahahaahaa! Sucks doesn't it?

I just did mine today. Here's what I did:

I had the hard pipe removed, so I attaced the T hose to it, clamped it, and reinstalled it in place. I then took the elbow part, lubed it with vasoline, and jammed it into the T fitting (took a little doing, but the vasoline helped), and clamped it. Then I put the PCV valve into the T fitting as the final step, and finished reattaching all the hoses.

Nate (ETKA+Scumbag) 03-18-2006 01:20 PM

^Sorry, those are install instructions. To remove it, I just cut up the T fitting.

Craw_Mark 03-18-2006 01:23 PM

Yes this is a b!tch. I would just take the whole plastic thing off...

That plastic thing has a metal 'U' clip in the bottom of it closest to the engine, pry it off with a flat heat and get your hand on it and it should pop off.
I actually took the recirculation pipe off to get more room for the dremel. Yes the dremel. I was pullin my hair out to get the T fitting out and just decided to cut the mother Fvker and spend the $7 on the new fitting.
Just make sure you have enough light to actually see what your doing. This thing takes some time.

Rocket3004 03-18-2006 01:23 PM

Seriously, what where they thinking?!! I don't have the luxury of the entire hard pipe out though.

So, what I was wondering is if I could just remove the line that fits over the PCV valve and the other hose clamp on it (IIRC there is one for the hose that attaches to the valve, and one for the valve itself), and expose the valve, will it pull out easily, or will I have to wrestle with it again (like the bend had a "lip"
on it that fit into the T-housing that made it a PITA to get out, apart from the lack of space)

BTW, how did you get that whole assembly out! I tried so hard, figured it would be easy with everything out when I was replacing the elbow, but couldnt quite get it. I removed all the retaining screws, and disconnected everything, but I couldnt get the long hard pipe off of the T-housing for the life of me. That damn fuel line was in the way too!

Rocket3004 03-18-2006 01:25 PM

lol, that's what I was going to do too, just hack the damn thing up

Nate (ETKA+Scumbag) 03-18-2006 01:27 PM

Hahaha, I don't know. I got it out without damaging anything once the T fitting was cut.