A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro

This is a message to all those "testers" that claimed they would try to install a "NON AUDI" Motorola V.60 cell phone into their vehicles and never posted a response !!!

I ordered the cradle and motorola V60t (TDMA cell phone for Rogers AT&T network in CANADA) at a total cost of almost $2000 Canadian.

I also tried a "NON AUDI" V60g (GSM phone for Rogers AT&T in Canada) and IT DOES NOT WORK !! Any buttons you press on the steering wheel makes the car respond with an annoying "NO PHONE CONNECTED ... GOODBYE" message. IF/WHEN you get the REAL AUDI phone, there are NO CODES that need to be set on the computer as this unit is PLUG AND PLAY !!!!

Now here is the kicker !!! I bought the AUDI phone and took it to a local dealer to transfer my existing cell phone plan, they said that the TDMA version of the V60 IS NOT supported and that the serial number from the phone was INVALID and could not be installed onto the system. The ONLY version of the V60 that will work on this network is the MOTOROLA V60 G ... the GSM MODEL !!!! which by the way IS NOT AVAILABLE from Audi.

I have spoken in great length to both Rogers AT&T technical personel as well as AUDI CANADA who says they are looking into the issue.

It seems they didn't bother to test any units before offering it to the CANADIAN public !!!!

I know this may sound a little overexaggerated but as a new Audi owner I can only fear what else they have "failed to test" ..... sure this ain't that big a deal compared to airbags, etc ..... but I am seriously disappointed by AUDI and MOTOROLA.

I have informed AUDI CANADA that the simplest solution would be to allow customers to purchase their own phones (the V60G is available from AT&T for about $400 as opposed to the $1000 AUDI wants) and then have MOTOROLA or THE AUDI DEALER flash the firmware with the AUDI software.

Oh and by the way, I tried calling MOTOROLA and asking them to flash a V60 phone if I purchased it through a regular sales center rather than AUDI and they said "NO WAY" ... just mentioning this cuz I read in another post that someone claimed MOTOROLA would in fact flash the firmware for oners of existing NON-AUDI phones... THIS IS NOT TRUE !!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Newsflash! Expensive Dealer Installed Option is Plug and Play! Home brew mod requires more work...

Film at 11...

The whole post reads like a troll mad-lib.

And wrong forum.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Newsflash! Expensive Dealer Installed Option is Plug and Play! Home brew mod requires more wor

It was meant as an informative piece for ANYONE else in the forum who decided to purchase the option in Canada on the ROGERS AT&T network.

I think you'd be a little upset yourself if you purchased a $2000 option only to be told you were S.O.L. and that not only could you not use it in any way on the cellular network for which it was purchased/intended .. but the whole idea of wanting to integrate the phone was now just a wish rather than an installable option.

As to incorrect forum, my apologies as this was my first post on AUDIWORLD .... and I'll try and keep the words real small for you ... "AUDI ... PHONE .... BAD .... No Work !!!!" there is that better ??
Old 10-10-2002, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good post...useful information for anyone considering this option...amazing Audi are screwing people

so much...untested WOW amazing...
Old 11-19-2002, 01:39 AM

Default Registering V60 TDMA can be done in Canada

I just had a V60 TDMA setup with Rogers AT&T. The trick is to use a comparable Motorola model and not read out the V60 TDMA or Rogers AT&T will get totally confused.

Reply to this emai if you're interested and I can tell you more. Where about are you in Canada?