A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

3rd Service Impressions @ Bramgate & '99 Jetta Impressions ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 08:25 AM
Ash

Default 3rd Service Impressions @ Bramgate & '99 Jetta Impressions ...

So I took my car in for the 24,000 km service (my 3rd service). I've dealt with Brian Roman the last couple of services, and he knows me enough to recognize me, so I figured I'd stick with him. Called a few days in advance, made an appointment, and reserved a loaner car. I also requested a change to synthetic oil. Only 2 other things I had to mention for servicing: Driver side seat squeek, and the plastic weather cover under the passenger side windshield had popped out (and the torx type plastic screws were totally stripped!). What I think happened is that the last tech to work on my car (2nd service was back in June) probably needed to open the cover for something, and he messed up the screws or something since I've never touched the cover. So I mentioned all this to Brian, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Picked the car up (they did a great job cleaning it) and to my relief found out that they didn't charge me for a new plastic cover, and they only charged me for 3.5 litres of synthetic (They put in Castrol) and not the full 4 litres. So far the seat has been silent, no squeaks and no movement. He said they replaced some plastic bracket or something and lubed the rails...that must've tightened everything up and got rid of the squeak...

As far as the loaner goes, I had a 99 Jetta 2.0. Pretty nice car...the lower thigh bolsters are really snug, although the side ones left something to be desired. The drive-by-wire is actually noticeable (they are drive by wire right?). I noticed that the first 1/4 of the gas pedal gives a lot of throttle opening to give the impression of more power than you have...after 1/4 or 1/3 rd though, you realize this is still a 115 hp engine.

Anyway, another good experience at Bramgate...I think I am finally ready to chip...now the only problem is....what chip?

-Ash 98.5 1.8TQMS