A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ABT body kit - anyone have it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-1998, 02:58 AM
A4Effort

Default ABT body kit - anyone have it?

If anyone got the issue of MaxSpeed where A4 was listed as 1 of 10 cars that drives women crazy you would notice it is a bright yellow one with the ABT body kit. I think the kit looks pretty cool but has anyone on here installed it?<p>Did you think the parts were high quality? Are they bolted on (drilling reqd) or is it adhesive? Is the rear wing clip on (I saw posts in the archives where people didn't like clip on's due to scratches they left)? Finally, do they come painted or do I match paint myself?<p>Also, I would be getting the whole kit (grill, air dam side skirts, spoiler) Anyone know the approx cost?<p>Danke'<p><MJ>
Old 10-21-1998, 03:17 AM
Christophe

Default Re: ABT body kit - anyone have it?

To my knowledge: excellent quality ,bolted on, no clip, ready painted.<p>Front Spoiler: US$ 475, <br>Rear Wing : US$ 350, <br>Side skirts (2): US$ 450,<br>Grill: US$ 125.<p>TOTAL: US$ 1,400.<p>These prices include the installation.<p>Source: ABT web site, prices in DEM converted in US$.
Old 10-21-1998, 03:42 AM
James

Default Two Abt A4's in the A4 Club of Vancouver

Hey there,<p>There are two members of the A4 Club of Vancouver running the full Abt kit. Brian Yeung and Cedric Ling. The picture above is Cedric's car. I don't have a picture of Brian's car, but he won Best Euro at one of the local auto showoffs (Options '98) we had here this summer, so you know the kit looks good. By the way, Cedric's selling his kit. (He's moving out of the country). Don't know where you live. If you're anywhere near Vancouver BC, it might be a good buy.<p>Go to the A4 Club of Vancouver member's page linked below to find out how to contact Cedric or Brian if you want more info on the kit. The kit seems to be excellent quality to me. With the carbon fiber front splitter (like on Brian's car), the kit looks even better.<p>Later,<p><br>James Wu<br>A4 Club of Vancouver<br>1998 Black/Onyx 1.8tqa<p><ul><li><a href="http://avant.extreme.com/va4/members.html">A4 Club of Vancouver Members' Registry</a></li></ul>
Old 10-21-1998, 06:59 AM
Trey

You said that price included installation....who does the installation? How much would it be without?
Old 10-21-1998, 07:16 AM
Josh K

Default Re: ABT body kit - anyone have it? I do.

I paid about $1200 for the Abt kit and another grand to have it installed AND painted. All the parts are very high quality and I especially like the carbon fiber splitter. You also get side skirts and a rear apron, but Abt doesn't make a grill for the A4. A rear wing costs another $500.<ul><li><a href="http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/joey/a4">More photos here</a></li></ul>
Old 10-21-1998, 07:38 AM
Christophe

Any garage that is an ABT representative. I don't know for US.<br>Count 3 hours for installation, i.e. US$ 110. US.<br>
Old 10-21-1998, 07:45 AM
Steve S.

Default Blast from the past!!! Josh K !!! I thought you sold it?

Welcome back...sort of...<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM<br>
Old 10-21-1998, 07:46 AM
Christophe

Any garage that is an ABT representative. I don't know for US.<br>Count 3 hours for installation, i.e. US$ 110. US.<br>
Old 10-21-1998, 09:13 AM
Trey

Do they have a Web-Site with Local Dealer Listings?
Old 10-21-1998, 03:39 PM
Josh K

Default Re: Fortunately not...

Thanks Steve... My parents hooked me up with some money for fururniture at the end of the summer so I didn't have to sell der Abt after all. I just passed 40,000 mi. and it feels (almost)like new. But stay tuned, because I might be looking to trade up to a 6-speed TT in about a year if my mutual fund doesn't bomb out...

Quick Reply: ABT body kit - anyone have it?