A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ABT Stage 2 upgrade SUCESS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-1999, 05:35 PM
JC M.

Default ABT Stage 2 upgrade SUCESS!!!!!

I had my car chipped back in September with 1,352 miles. The chip was stage 2 @ 1bar, ever since then my car would ping under hard acceleration. <p>i called AMS/ABT and spoke to Mark, he claimed that he has a cure for these problems and this guy was not kidding.<p>he retuned my chip to fix the quirks it had before. Mark test drove my car before to see if the pings was there. he test drove it after the reprogram and told me "your car fells like it has more power". i didn't believe it but it was true! The car feels like it was stronger.... i used to get a power surge at roughly 4,000rpm but with this new chip i get that same surge at 3,000rpm and alittle more at 4,000 rpm. This guy did wounders to my little car.<p>Mark and his staff left me with a Grin that reaches from earlobe to earlobe.<p>I am definatly satisfied with the work i did to my car!!!!<p>ALL YOU NON CHIPPED CARS GET STAGE 2!!! all existing AMS/ABT chip owners get your upgrade now!!! it is available for Stage 1 and Stage 2 chips. <p>I LOVE THIS CAR!!!<p>JC M. (1.8TQMS, ABT Stage 2, oettinger muffler with sebring sport muffler)<p><br>
Old 02-02-1999, 06:14 PM
vic

Default Re: ABT Stage 2 upgrade SUCESS!!!!!

I also have Abt stage 2 and Oettinger exhaust but I've not experienced any pinging so far. Would apprepiate if you can tell me your experience before. I also wonder whether it could be the fuel. What octane rating fuel you are using? Thx.
Old 02-03-1999, 08:15 AM
JC M.

Default Symptoms.......

ok i ran Mobile 92 octane gas the car would ping under extreme accelerations. extreme as in when you shift into second gear and you floor the pedal you will hear 2-3 pings which sounds like a rattle same goes with 3rd gear.<br> <br>i also noticed that with the old chip when you accelerate the turbo will spool up and gently fad away. with this upgrade the turbo reacts according to your throttle. more power needed i step on the gas and you quickly feel a surge!<p>comparing the old chip to the new i noticed also that there is more available torqu @ 2,500-5,500rpm. this chip totaly transformed my car AGAIN!<p>AMS is having a show this Febuary 28 at there lot. i will be there i hope you will too so we can meet.<p>BTW have you replaced your resonator yet? i replaced mine with a single pipe and the Oettinger sounds mean! but too much. ended up using a Sebring muffler and now it has the same power as w/o a resonator but with a more controlled tone.<p>Talk to you later<p>JC M.
Old 02-03-1999, 04:37 PM
vic

Default Re: Symptoms.......

Thanks JC. I'd love to meet up some time except one problem. I don't live in US. BTW, the only unleaded we've got here is 98 so maybe that's why I've not have any problem so far. Does the upgrade come from Abt directly or from AMS? If it's from Abt then I can go to my local dealer to inquire about it.