A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

After a short,: no power to radio, climate control..

Old 03-03-2009, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This is why the first procedure when working with electrical is to disconnect the battery

Yes, I was in a rush and overlooked a crucial step. Certainly learned my lesson.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Default I've had that happen couple of times but never something that bad just fuses

ever see a starter + wire welded to the block
Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ThunderAlley
So what finally fixed the problem?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Radio Relay

So if I have the same problem as you, and you said the relay is in slot 30 and I cannot figure out where that is. Could you describe to me where the relay is located exactly. I am able to see all of the relays under the dash.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Apologies.

I'm most sincere in my apologies but I've been working hard at trying to fix this, and have had no luck what so ever. Checked every single fuse on the drivers side, all are good from visual inspection. I'm re reading everything in terms of relay 30. As much info as I can gather. After near an hour of research I came across the following

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/B5...ingDiagram.pdf

Although confusing when first seen, I feel like it could potentially solve my problem. I'm just having trouble interpreting it.

Regardless, my problem is identical to that of the OP. Its a switched 12v problem to be exact. My aftermarket deck will eject discs, thus has a constant 12v. But more of a problem than anything, the climate control doesn't work. Which means no defrost. Which means I'm not going anywhere if I cant see.

Any help/advice/links would be of much use. I will continue to review the wiring diagram in hopes of being able to solve this problem.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow

im having the same issue as the guy above me.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by navig8erz
I see the relays but not the fuses you speak of. Is it possible the relay is blown? Is that something I can check easily with a multi-meter?

Trying to find my Haynes manual so I can get an idea of which relay may be the one.
Does anything under the kick panel bring power to the radio?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gunner17
Does anything under the kick panel bring power to the radio?
I never received help on this and ended up
Chopping the switched ignition 12v on both the climate control module and the radio and wiring it into the switched ignition pole on the relay box. It passes through the load balance relay if I remember correctly. I believe it's the far left pole. (No longer own the car). Should double check the relay diagram**

NOTE**. DO NOT DO ANY OF THIS***

After chopping up my switched ignition wires, laying inline fuses, etc, and taking pictures of everything while disassembling, to aid in the reassembly of the center dash, I reviewed the pictures and noticed a small fuse box on the bottom way way back behind the climate control module. That's your culprit right there if it's not anything in your drivers side fuse box.

Really wish I had known that way back when before I cut up
My poor harnesses. Some of the fuses are Audi/vw speciality fuses in that box aren't clear and you'll have to check continuity with a volt meter. Also I could never locate a fuse diagram for that box so you're gonna have to just run through all the fuses, I don't remember there being more than a dozen. Good luck buddy.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I never received help on this and ended up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: After a short,: no power to radio, climate control..