A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ANyone try one of those foam rubber ice scraper/brushes? Where'd you get it? Results?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 05:26 AM
sc

ANyone try one of those foam rubber ice scraper/brushes? Where'd you get it? Results?
Old 12-28-1999, 06:23 AM
Andy Hedin

Default If you mean a "SnoBroom", I've got one...

...just got it for Christmas. Haven't had any snow yet to try it out on. Looks like a good solid design. The head is made out of a foam material which won't scratch the paint (so the manufacturer claims) like a regular brush would. I'll post a report when/if we actually get some snow. See the link below for more info.

Andy Hedin
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett, Abt, Borla, Euro Lights<ul><li><a href="http://www.brookstone.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=1&prrfnbr=2529">Snow Removal Broom</a></li></ul>
Old 12-28-1999, 06:46 AM
sc

Default Thanks! That's the one I was thinking about! What about their "car dusters?" (more)

I received a brookstone car duster from my GF's dad, "I know you like to keep your car shiny, so I thought this might help."

But my first thought was, "yeah, this will remove all the dust, dirt and if I'm lucky, only some of the clear coat."

Any thoughts? I think I should just exchange it for the snow broom.

Thanks
Old 12-28-1999, 06:55 AM
Andy Hedin

Default I use one occasionally....

...I have a California Car Duster and only use it from time to time. I don't trust it is more than a day or two after my last car wash. It does work great in the Spring to remove all the pollen that seems to accumulate on the paint right after I've washed the car. So I probably only use it a total of 10 times in a year. I'll probably end up using my snow broom the same number of times here in suburban Philly. However, I really like my little mini-car duster (looks like a miniature California Car Duster) I dust the dash and door panel with it several times a week and it works great. Best $7 I ever spent at Pep Boys.

Andy Hedin
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett, Abt, Borla, Euro Lights
Old 12-28-1999, 10:21 AM
Denver J

Andy, where'd you get it? I'm interested in getting one too.
Old 12-28-1999, 10:29 AM
sc

follows Andy's link above to brookstone.com
Old 12-28-1999, 10:34 AM
Peter

Default Snow Rake

I have one of the original Snow Rakes (similar design to the SnoBroom). I bought it from my mechanic when I was living in upstate, NY about 6 years ago. It is by far the best snow removal tool available. I am glad to see that they are finally hitting the "mainstream" market, because I've been wanting to get one for everyone in my family. (My mechanic had a limited supply 6 years ago.)
Make sure you keep the foam rubber clean, and it will never scratch your paint -- it didn't even scratch the very delicate finish on my Integra.

A good coat of wax also helps snow removal too.

One product which I DO NOT recommend is a metal ice scraper. I used one for several years, and it removes the ice much better than a plastic scraper. But it scratched the hell out of my Integra's windsheld. (Strange though that my Saab windshield was not scratched.)

Hope we see some snow this year !!
Peter
-- 98.5 1.8tqms