A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ATTENTION To All engineering staff please report immediately need back up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION To All engineering staff please report immediately need back up!

Hello to everyone I have a 2000 A4 B5 1.8t Quattro now it's a beauty drives good and all untill I decide I want to be fancy and pay to get the injectors replaced....long story short a week goes by and I hear nothing from the "mechanic" and I see my car with beer cans and cartons in it and he's drunk no biggie he's a human too right?. So I ask if it's ready get my keys I assume he didn't expect me to test drive it. As soon as I step on the road transmission stays in 1st being in Drive. I question him about it and acts as if he had no idea....got his situation fixed hahha. Well buddy and I went through it found out Dip****s had closed the hood while the battery cover was off so that welded the posts made holes on the hood, got a scanner got map sensor, anti-theft for stereo and transmission range sensor.Replaced all damaged fuses and components put it back together.and still have transmission stuck in 1st and 2nd gear, scanner still reads transmission range sensor.Honestly being in Mexico with resources being low and funds even lower. I gaven up on it.But not completely.. The whole point of this post the BIG question.now I know it may be a dumb question but hey don't cost me anything to do so.

Is there any way I can gutt the engine and transmission from it's electronics and still have it run? I know I can bolt a carburetor somehow make it work. My doubt of this the transmission being Awd and all if it would be possible. Also thought of maybe just replacing full harnesss and ecu for a good one or getting a VW/audi But I'm sure that will be a pain in the butt. Now me being in Mexico with an Audi kinda feels like having a fishing pole in the desert. No one can help you hahaha

The plans for the engine is a 4 door dune buggy nothing fancy probably buying a roller and adjusting to proper fit,upgrading turbo to the gtrs. For the drive line I haven't fully decided differential or adapting drivetrain from a4 to buggy..

Really appreciate you guys taking your time on responding give me your ideas on how it should be built or any better tips to get things done faster. Really hope we make this work!