A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Attn Bob L: GALA / Concert FAQ ?

Old 12-22-1998, 05:54 PM
Mark M.

Default Attn Bob L: GALA / Concert FAQ ?

Bob L. <p>You recently posted a neat instruction about using<br>the channel 2 button while turning on the radio to display change in db generated by GALA system while driving.<p>Seems Concert radio has quite a few tricks up its sleeve which are not in FAQ (like holding channel 1 button on power up to get signal strength on presets)<p>It would be great if you'd post on other obscure features of the Concert radio you've worked out. A comprehensive list would be a great addition to the FAQ.<p>Mark M. 99 2.8 Avant Q.
Old 12-23-1998, 11:17 AM
Bob L

Default Re: Attn Bob L: GALA / Concert FAQ ?

The realtime GALA display is the most useful of the hidden features that I have found. As you mentioned, turning the radio on while holding the channel 1 button gives what looks like a signal strength display. The display revets to eight digits. The least significant two digits display the signal strength as a hex code. The most significant three digits display the frequency. For frequencies 100 Mhz and above, the "1" is omitted. e.g. 102.5 Mhz is displayed as 025000xx where xx is the signal strength. I have found that some radio stations have activity on the 5th<br>digit from the right, though I'm not sure what it means.<p>The other two hidden features I have found are engaged using the channel 3 button and the mode<br>button. If you turn on the radio while holding the channel 3 button the display reads "VER 002".<br>None of the other controls work at this point. I'm not sure what this is but it might be an internal software version.<p>The last feature I found is engaged by turning on the radio while holding the mode button. The display reads "CONNECT" and none of the controls work. I don't know what this is. Does it have something to do with the telephone or navigation system?<p>
Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GALA Code VER 002

Originally Posted by Bob L
The realtime GALA display is the most useful of the hidden features that I have found. As you mentioned, turning the radio on while holding the channel 1 button gives what looks like a signal strength display. The display revets to eight digits. The least significant two digits display the signal strength as a hex code. The most significant three digits display the frequency. For frequencies 100 Mhz and above, the "1" is omitted. e.g. 102.5 Mhz is displayed as 025000xx where xx is the signal strength. I have found that some radio stations have activity on the 5th<br>digit from the right, though I'm not sure what it means.<p>The other two hidden features I have found are engaged using the channel 3 button and the mode<br>button. If you turn on the radio while holding the channel 3 button the display reads "VER 002".<br>None of the other controls work at this point. I'm not sure what this is but it might be an internal software version.<p>The last feature I found is engaged by turning on the radio while holding the mode button. The display reads "CONNECT" and none of the controls work. I don't know what this is. Does it have something to do with the telephone or navigation system?<p>
I got in the car today for the first time in a week and the radio was displaying the code VER 002. How do you get rid of this code? No other buttons work>
Thanks
AlfredT