A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi Concert Stuck in Safe Mode--PLEASE HELP

Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikubonjasky
i tried the combination scan+rds but nothing happened could you please help me...
thanks in advance!
have a nice day!!!
You must hold FM2 & RDS, not scan.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by marmer
You must hold FM2 & RDS, not scan.
Audi concert 2 does not have FM2, just FM. If it doesn't work with FM+RDS what can it be?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Audi concert 2 does not have FM2, just FM. If it doesn't work with FM+RDS what can it be?
Concert II was never fitted to an B5 A4 , that's a CAN-bus head unit.Fitted to the 2002+ TT. Not really fully compatible with the 95-2001 A4.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert2.html

Last edited by AudiMick; 06-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiMick
Concert II was never fitted to an B5 A4 , that's a CAN-bus head unit.Fitted to the 2002+ TT. Not really fully compatible with the 95-2001 A4.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert2.html
And there's nothing I can do? To make some changes at the concert's pins and to fit it to the a4b5? Thanks for your reply!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

And there's nothing I can do? To make some changes at the concert's pins and to fit it to the a4b5? Thanks for your reply!
It will sort of work, but the illumination won't and the head unit will turn itself off every hour. You will have to turn it off an on to get it back.

There is no CAN-bus in a B5 A4, so you are SOL. No Can-bus means you can't use Vag.com to set it up correctly.

Unless you are keen, re-install a concert I or go aftermarket.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It will sort of work, but the illumination won't and the head unit will turn itself off every hour. You will have to turn it off an on to get it back.

There is no CAN-bus in a B5 A4, so you are SOL. No Can-bus means you can't use Vag.com to set it up correctly.

Unless you are keen, re-install a concert I or go aftermarket.
Thanks for reply. I have the delta cc blaupunkt radio casette, that was on my car when I bought it, and I'm using it. But I payed a lot of money for this concert and wanted to make it work. Thanks again
Old 06-15-2012, 01:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The illumination is not hard to fix, I've done this.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i need the #vin of the car,then the radio # should start with ZZ in it
PM me with the info ok,

DAN B.

SUNCOAST AUDI,VW
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for reply. I have the delta cc blaupunkt radio casette, that was on my car when I bought it, and I'm using it. But I payed a lot of money for this concert and wanted to make it work. Thanks again
Your first post on this was 18 months ago, you are a patient guy!

I haven't used a CD in a car since 2003.

A lot of trouble to play those round silver discs from the 90s.

Did you try the instructions I linked to on Tikan's Audi Audio site to enter the code?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Safe code..

The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.

1. Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".
2. Press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
3. Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1.
4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.
5. The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.
6. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.
7. If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer.
Well i dont have my manual code i have my manual but I only have the regular manual😥

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Concert Stuck in Safe Mode--PLEASE HELP