A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

blower motor/relay/switch??

Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a6fletch
I just went through this my self and have fixed the problem. Mine at least. This was all very easy to DIY. The heat and A/C were not working at all. I could hear the A/C compressor turn on as well as see the idle RPMs adjust as it kicked on. So I knew that the compressor was not the problem. If you have the Solar power sunroof (hot weather package), I'll bet your problem is the same as mine. It was the Solar relay switch. (Called around to two Audi dealers in town and they both had it listed under different names, "Solar relay switch" and "sunroof control module". $70. Took off the under dash on the driver side. Five screws i think and had to pop off the little part above the steering wheel. Pulled out a Fuse like box that was clearly marked 385 in big white numbers. This is what you want to replace. Really easy and cheap. If you email me. i'll send photos.
I think I'm having the same problem with my 2011 audi a4 with the sunroof my air conditioning all of a sudden to stop blowing can I see those pics
The following users liked this post:
Dan Reardon (02-25-2020)
Old 05-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was helpful but do i have to pop the hood to get to this part or is it in the car?
Old 06-02-2019, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor staying on

Originally Posted by Erik Copeland
So I just noticed my blower is staying on after car is off in 2000 a6. Never new i had a solar sunroof until I unplugged the battery and the damn thing was still on. Kinda freaked me out. What would be causing blower to stay on? Also what is point of the solar sunroof? Does it help with fuel efficiency or anything?
Hey folks, looking for help, Specifically A5 2l TDI. The blower behind the glovebox blows intermittently all day and night regardless of whether the car is on or not, manned or locked and empty. I’ve changed the blower and the module (resistor) and has an aircon recharge which helped with getting cold air into the car however it still has a Mo d of its own and can give me cold air if I’m looking for hot and vice versa. It could blow soft if I’m looking for full fan and vice versa too. I can turn the entire system off and it still works away incorrectly. I brought it to Audi who initially diagnosed the faulty blower and resistor. After I changed them to no avail I sent it back to them and they incorrectly diagnosed the same problem until I reminded them I changed both and then they said they recharged it ( I recharged it 2 days previously) and put he car ‘to sleep’ to code in the new blower however hours after taking it from the garage I’m back to square one. I’m at my wits end so back to you great folk for help. Any ideas?