A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Blown Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-1999, 01:33 AM
Lucas

Default Blown Turbo!

Well I was looking forward to todays Track session, finally got all my car sorted out and looking forward to some track days.<br>Well got onto the track, complete first warm-lap, Car felt Great, Brakes unbeleivable good power, started first hard sprint, entered main straight to complete first lap, got a loud hi-pitch screech, then No-Power and no boost on the gauge. I wont repeat what i said.<br>Pulled into pits, car still drove pu total lac of power, just light acceleration.<br>Open the Bonnet, smoke and oil was presant.<br>Let the car cool down, started it, smoke was pouring out of exhaust, and oil leaking out of one of the oil cooler tube connectors on the turbo.<br>Closer Inspection I was able to turn the Bolt/Nut fitting on tube that Bolts in, ****!<br>about two months ago, the dealer fiited a new oil cooler pipe according to AUDI service bulletin.<br>I wonder if they ever tigtened it properly!! I will ring dealer and see what they have to say tommorrow.<br>Bruce who was also at the track day gave me a drive of his chipped A4, very generous and trusting of him.<br>Well I got a 2 sec better lap time that he got, at least he knows how much better his car can go without spending more $$$. But to be honest I has a F355 infront of me, and my hunger of overtaking this guy got the better of me, but I got him! (Being honest i do not thing he was aggressive enough, the car looked very new. On the next round of runs, I bettered my lap time again in bruces car, The last lap was my fastest, This I got spured on by lapping a A4 FWD 1.8 non turbo. All in all was a great day out, The A4's got some respect and good comments from Porsche and other car owners, I was a bit dissapointed I didn't get to time my car because of someone no doing their job properly, but I will find out tommorrow.
Old 03-14-1999, 04:47 AM
Mad Max

Default I guess that's what happens when you chase the Toecutter!

Bronze g'g'go'in to get you!
Old 03-14-1999, 08:21 AM
ErikR

Re: Blown Turbo! Say it isn't so...(apparent dealer error, so let's not get the newbies worked up.
Old 03-14-1999, 08:43 AM
E

Oh the SHAME, the SHAME... Come on Erik, Lucas' post is clearly understood. Don't worry