A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

BMW BMW BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-1999, 01:05 PM
Brad Franklin

Default BMW BMW BMW

Hi. My name is Brad. I own a 97 BMW M3. I love Audi's too. I love LOTS of cars (a particular soft spot for V8 ferraris). I know you guys hate the cocky BMW asses that come on here and try to start trouble. But I also see quite a few people here that produce inflammatory responses to anyone here who even mentions BMW (i.e. a benign question). That is sad, because many of them generalize BMW's as being pieces of crap, which I take as a personaly insult to my spending of my hard earned money on what I think is a very fine automobile. It doesn't really change my view of my own vehicle, but is still not pleasant to read. I know this is an Audi forum, and I don't come here to talk about BMW's...rather Audi's (especially 1.8T's, as I have an interest in turbo cars and have a decent knowledge base that may contribute to the good of the forum). THUS...I challenge each and every one of you on this forum to go ONE WEEK without mentioning the word BMW in any posts. If someone does do it (i.e. - to spite me, imagine that ) DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES and let them fade into the dust. If this is a true Audi forum, let's discuss Audi's. Let this be the last post with...that word...in it. Think we can do it?<p>Brad
Old 06-29-1999, 01:07 PM

April Fools!!! right?
Old 06-29-1999, 01:23 PM
Gotta love the competition!!

Can't wait to drive BMW's new AWD 3/5 series (sorry Brad, couldn't do it).
Old 06-29-1999, 01:29 PM
Rodney

Default Other brands

I am always shocked by the absurd defensiveness folks here have about their cars. The A4, among other Audis, is a great car and I'm very pleased with mine. BUT that doesn't mean that all other car brands are crap. That is an ignorant and poorly reasoned opinion, not supported by the facts. Lately it has seemed as bad as the Chevy / Ford rivalry. Just waiting for that first post about putting a sticker of Calvin urinating on a roundel...talk about truly pathetic. Just my thoughts.<p>Regards,<br>Rodney<p>'99 A4 1.8tqms
Old 06-29-1999, 01:42 PM
alan t.

Default I don';t think that people really think that bimmers or audi's are crap; they're just hurt by somebody's insult and are responding in kind.

adfdfdf
Old 06-29-1999, 01:46 PM
Rodney

I would hope that's the case. Though if it is, it's pretty sad that people are so insecure in themselves that they need to be validated by their car. Or that they are not sufficiently confident in the car they chose to feel the need to lash
Old 06-29-1999, 01:48 PM
Rodney

Err, the end is supposed to read: generalize irrationally about what others drive.
Old 06-29-1999, 02:12 PM
KLHI

you point is well taken, but I disagree.
Old 06-29-1999, 03:10 PM
alan t.

Default I say just drive the hell out of what ever you have and don't worry about all the negative stuff here and in life in general. The Audiphilospher. nt.d

dfddf
Old 06-29-1999, 04:19 PM
Reggie

Default Re: BMW BMW BMW

I've posted many good words about BMWs(Best handling sedans in the world) and no one has posted any inflammatory responses. Most posting are no more than "my school is better than your school" additudes. Nothing wrong here. <p>I have a question for you: if you are so insulted why aren't you staying with bimmer.org? Is life to boring over there? Or is the info better here. I really don't know -I've got no interest in their site. <p>Reggie <p><br>98.5 30vQMS<p>Former owner of 73 2002tii and 85 325e.<br>

Quick Reply: BMW BMW BMW