A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Check engine and air bag light on!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine and air bag light on!

i got the code looked at today after buying the car yesterday cuz we just had a kid. It’s a 2000 a4 Quattro 1.8t. Now I know about turbos but they made this ducked car confusing instead of simple. It threw a general code for vacuum leak or o2 sensor or maf. SOOO WHAT SHOULD I DO. Also I ran a boost gauge it sits at 20 at idle and when I hit boost it hits about 6psi... it doesn’t feel right it hits boost quite early but I’ve never had this car before I can say it’s quick to 80 but noooo tip end... idk if it should be faster or what. I’ve replaced some vacuum shut cleaned the maf sensor replaced lines took it apart to get a better understanding and there is oil residue like from half of the engine down.... everywhere o cleaned it with some spray. But it just runs pretty smooth no rough idle just doesn’t feel like it’s getting the right boost I think I have a bad 02 and maf sensor also a vaccu or boost leak for sure and I’m worried about all the oil... there’s no new leaking so I know a lot of parts were replaced maybe an oil feed line busted??? I just wish they had a little more simple set up. Also blow off valve there’s no noise lol.. and!! More boost pressure how???? Let me get the low down boys my 0-60mph is at about 7 second is that slow? I want to go faster and plan on building custom turbo back exhaust when the flange gets here cuz I can weld. I’ll havw pics of trouble leaks and oil residue in morning along with just the car it’s in very great shape insidezz all leather mint as hell. Beautiful and sunroof. Power every thing 150k miles. Just did an oil flush and cleaned the funk out and about to do a coolant flush but wanna figure this **** out asap
Old 09-22-2018, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryley.A4.T
i got the code looked at today after buying the car yesterday cuz we just had a kid. It’s a 2000 a4 Quattro 1.8t. Now I know about turbos but they made this ducked car confusing instead of simple. It threw a general code for vacuum leak or o2 sensor or maf. SOOO WHAT SHOULD I DO. Also I ran a boost gauge it sits at 20 at idle and when I hit boost it hits about 6psi... it doesn’t feel right it hits boost quite early but I’ve never had this car before I can say it’s quick to 80 but noooo tip end... idk if it should be faster or what. I’ve replaced some vacuum shut cleaned the maf sensor replaced lines took it apart to get a better understanding and there is oil residue like from half of the engine down.... everywhere o cleaned it with some spray. But it just runs pretty smooth no rough idle just doesn’t feel like it’s getting the right boost I think I have a bad 02 and maf sensor also a vaccu or boost leak for sure and I’m worried about all the oil... there’s no new leaking so I know a lot of parts were replaced maybe an oil feed line busted??? I just wish they had a little more simple set up. Also blow off valve there’s no noise lol.. and!! More boost pressure how???? Let me get the low down boys my 0-60mph is at about 7 second is that slow? I want to go faster and plan on building custom turbo back exhaust when the flange gets here cuz I can weld. I’ll havw pics of trouble leaks and oil residue in morning along with just the car it’s in very great shape insidezz all leather mint as hell. Beautiful and sunroof. Power every thing 150k miles. Just did an oil flush and cleaned the funk out and about to do a coolant flush but wanna figure this **** out asap
You should focus on your CEL before worrying about your turbo performance.
What is the fault code? A general code for vacuum leak or o2 sensor or maf??? They all should have their own codes.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default FIXED

It was a general vacuum code. I replaced a cracked coolant above the block. An elbow. Then a cheap vacuum elbow. And one running off the intake was completely missing... added my own box out for cold air and a pod filter. AND WTF FEELS LIKE A NEW CAR. I mean these things aren’t slow. Zero to sixty in a little under seven second????
Old 09-23-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Another issue

but I have noticed the flutter!!! I see that’s bad? My dv is going bad if it’s fluittering