A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Chips friggin rule.... life is friggin good

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chips friggin rule.... life is friggin good

well after numerous delays and issues, i finally got chipped today. We still had our glitches, having to go to my house to get ratchet and tools to remove blackknight's strut tower bar, and hitting up the hardware store for a torx screwdriver. We also each had an issue with the chips. We didn't have the right program for my tip chip, so that will be going in (hopefully) on tuesday. Blackknight's IBE chipswitch was being a bitch, so he's got the tip chip and everything else but is stuck on the stock program. well now that that crap's out of the way....

THIS THING FRIGGIN HAULS!
I love the chip. instant difference. the car gets off the line better, but once you hit about 3k revs, it's pure heaven. I now understand why every says chips make such a big difference. I swear my 0-60 must be like 4 seconds quicker...this is totally possible cuz i'm tiptronic and my 0-60 was propably previously in the 13's or something....lol. The extra torque is sooooo nice. just tooling around town (which is almost all i do) is much more fun. Off the line is quicker revs are smoother, and you can just feel the boost punching you forward. The car just keeps pulling through the rev range...i take it all the way to 7000 in tip and it just want to keep going. I took my dad, my friend christian, and blackknight for rides, and they were all impressed. the turbo is just there...it accelerates much stronger, and just feels like a german car should.

That said, i feel this is what the car should have come like stock... the low power and acceleration of the 1.8 stock can be a safety hazard. When merging into freeway flow or making turn onto arterials, sometimes the low power and long time for turbo spool and be downright dangerous. The car is much, much better now. To anyone who is considering chipping, i HIGHLY reccomend taking the plunge. This is the most cost-effective power upgrade you can get for your car. This is such a sweet thing words can describe my happiness. I am grinning ear to ear non stop. life is good...maybe now i can actually take some people...

That said, you need exhaust to really let the chip work to it's potential. Blackknight's borla system will be very advantageous once he gets the engine chip. I am going to have a custom exhaust system done very soon, as the stock piping, cat, and dp just arent letting the chip work as well as it could. plus exhuast sounds cool. I love my car. chips friggin rule.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats man!

Wish I had a 1.8t
Old 01-18-2004, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

awesome! i am still wonderin if it is worth chippin my 2.8
Old 01-18-2004, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

keep me updated on that tip-chip, i'm wondering if it changes the DSP programming any?
Old 01-19-2004, 12:20 AM

head on over to the PacNW forum, B5Blackknight can tell u right now, he has tip chip
Old 01-19-2004, 07:04 AM

Do it, well worth it. AWE did mine, they're close to you.